I didn't expect this... something good from Bose!
Jun 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some Bose Micro Music Monitors, and I agree, they produce an insane amount of bass for such tiny enclosures. Midrange? What's that?

It has crossed my mind to open them up to see what's inside them.

Yeah, there's zero midrange.

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #17 of 45
I have a BOSE system in my Pathfinder SE. I want to replace the head unit with a top-end Clarion deck and changer. Turns out in order to do that I have to also replace all the speakers. Due to BOSE's infinite wisdom and proprietary setup, each speaker have their own individual amp which is incompatible with other equipment. This will turn into a costly renovation.

I hate BOSE.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a BOSE system in my Pathfinder SE. I want to replace the head unit with a top-end Clarion deck and changer. Turns out in order to do that I have to also replace all the speakers. Due to BOSE's infinite wisdom and proprietary setup, each speaker have their own individual amp which is incompatible with other equipment. This will turn into a costly renovation.

I hate BOSE.

Yeah, unfortunately Bose systems are not very compatible with other stuff. You might want to consider keeping the head unit and routing it through one of those digital processors that takes the speaker level signal and (after using a setup CD) is able to strip all of the crap settings that make the Bose sound "louder" to potential buyers.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #20 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hang on, you have a 370Z.

May I suggest turning off the stereo and flooring it?

Oh, I have done that! My car just recently hit 1200 miles, which is the manufacturer's recommendation to end the break-in phase (and you thought it was only headphones that needed burn-in
biggrin.gif
), so the first thing I did at 1201 miles (I literally waited until one mile after) was turn off the stereo and air conditioning then pound the accelerator. It's a pretty darned fast car; the manufacturer claims 0 to 60 in 4.7 seconds (the auto magazines usually do it in about 5.0, so Nissan's figures are probably from race car drivers on a track... however, that's the case with all manufacturer specs). It's amazing how much cars have advanced since the last sports car I owned (a 1971 Porsche 911) almost twenty years ago. I had to spend a LOT of money just to get that engine tricked out enough to get 5.5. Nowadays, 5.0 or lower is standard for any decent sports car, and the nice (ie, completely unaffordable for mortal men) ones do it in around 3.0.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #21 of 45
I don't care about the BOSE, I would just like to congratulate earwicker7 on his new car !!!!!!!! I always loved the 350z and didn't even know about the 370z. Happy motoring......
icon10.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the entire thread... I'm not saying Bose is good, all I said is that it's impressive that 4" speakers can move that type of air. And it is moving air, not just vibrating my spine; it makes the mirror shake.

and what is wrong with saying they might actually make a good product? i don't get the focused hatred on these forums.

Jun 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care about the BOSE, I would just like to congratulate earwicker7 on his new car !!!!!!!! I always loved the 350z and didn't even know about the 370z. Happy motoring......
icon10.gif

Performance-wise, the 350Z is a really good car, but I don't like the style very much... it is a bit too "polite" for my taste. I think the best looking ones are the 240Z, second-generation 300ZX and the 370Z. To each their own, though... I know plenty of people who love the way the 350Z looks.

Jun 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Mazda 6 has the Bose upgrade. I've always thought it sounded good, regardless of it being "Bose".

They're not bad for stock, but we could get much better aftermarket equipment for the money they charged us.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you guys making these comments under some kind of threat against yourselves and your families? Cough once for yes, or twice for no.

Shhhh!! Aw now Lefty whaddya go and say that for? The feds may have heard 'ya.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #28 of 45
i have said this many times on headfi, if you think Bose sucks then try them out in an Audi...Amazing!

My Z4 has a THX certified Carver system..and it sounds like **** compared to my old Audi TT..then again ragtop acoustics can not be all that good.

also if you ever get the chance to hear a Bose Wave radio in a near prefect room in terms of acoustics you'll be floored at the quality..

bose does some things good and some things better, their PA setups are getting good reviews for wedding parties and small events. Bose has alot of History in audio and lots of research..probably more R&D goes into a set of Bose speakers then most highend audiophile speaker companies..problem is a big chunk of the R&D goes into making the product cheap in cost to build..hahaha

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate BOSE.

that does not make any sense what so ever..

post a link to where you get this info please.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #30 of 45
It may just be a rumor, but I've read on a number of forums that certain Bose head units are actually rebadged Clarions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7

Agreed! The 370Z is an awesome car, I really dig what they've done with the C pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back