I did it...
Mar 26, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #16 of 31
Maybe some cold Chicago day I will bring my amps over and we can try them side by side with yours. We will need to pick a cool day so the house does not get too warm. They look great Ray.

Mar 26, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #18 of 31
As a complete ignorant user of amps, (I know what they do and I know what sounds nice but that's it,) and an admirer of the Ray Samuels line itself, may I ask what would stop you from building an amp like this yourself, Ray?

It seems the RS range has build quality in abundance, and the technical know how is there....what am I missing?

Congrats on the purchase, by the way, I've always wondered what a Cary might sound like

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #19 of 31
Congrats Ray !!!

I'm waiting for the latest version of the CARY CAD 300-SEI with WE 300B and Sylvania VT-231 tubes... (HD650/Equinoz).

Best!
Nicola

PS:
Cary told me that this amp is their best for cans...

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik

PS:
Cary told me that this amp is their best for cans...

How is the SLP 05 for HD600/650?

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 31
I don't know the new pre 05, and I was intentioned to buy that pre... but as I wrote, they said me our best cans headphone amp is the CAD 300-SEI... and I trust them...

Best!
Nicola

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
I don't know the new pre 05, and I was intentioned to buy that pre... but as I wrote, they said me our best cans headphone amp is the CAD 300-SEI... and I trust them...

Best!
Nicola

Thanks, Nik.

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #24 of 31
OMG..$14K ?? NICE...atleast its not as nuts as that "stupid" Cobra turntable MSRP at $95K....any super rich got one of those?? need impressions..
k1000smile.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
OMG..$14K ?? NICE...atleast its not as nuts as that "stupid" Cobra turntable MSRP at $95K....any super rich got one of those?? need impressions..
k1000smile.gif

There's the Stereophile review of it. I'd say more empirical thought and innovative design went into that turntable than pretty much any other audio product.

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
There's the Stereophile review of it. I'd say more empirical thought and innovative design went into that turntable than pretty much any other audio product.

Its a nice piece of work...you got one?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
Its a nice piece of work...you got one?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I wish I did!
icon10.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #28 of 31
The nice thing about Rays setup at his place is its not over costly..like his slm amps can be had for under $2000 or his Mit cables can be had for $40ish..

But the setup has a sweet detailed sound...so nice you can tell he really put alot of time in the building of it..

I had the pleasure of hearing it today (no Cary 211's there yet..lol) and when ever I hear his setup its great but the one thing that stands out are his speakers...I always plead with him to atleast make me a set or something but he never will...

Ray I am telling you to make those speakers!!! I rather pay $7k+ for that then what else I heard out there..dude you got to do it!

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #30 of 31
Ray congrats! What a wonderful treat you got coming. Glad to know all your hard work is providing some big play. What an absolutely awesome looking and from the read sounding amp. I am happy for you and a bit jealous too.

biggrin.gif

All in a good-natured jest: A/B switch box
eek.gif
basshead.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back