I couldn't take it anymore...the DT 880 are mine!
Feb 26, 2008 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nylan8301

1000+ Head-Fier
After months and months of reading, reviewing, contemplating, procrastinating, and prognosticating; I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of new DT 880. I've been saving for months for a pair, found a awesome deal on Amazon and with the use of some gift cards, went ahead and got them.

While I loved the K501 at the Lawrence, KS meet last weekend; I tried to find a pair to purchase...and I just couldn't. So, I decided to take the plunge. I've been wanting to try these for ages.

Now, to save for an introductory tube amp.

Nylan

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Congrats! Did you happen to purchase them from iNet-Distributors off of Amazon? Just curious.
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 4
Congrats! The DT880 is a great headphone - you'll put a lot of hours on them.

Have you given any thought to building an amp? There are inexpensive SOHA kits at Glass Jar Audio. Take a look at the tube projects at Headwize, too.

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! The DT880 is a great headphone - you'll put a lot of hours on them.

Have you given any thought to building an amp? There are inexpensive SOHA kits at Glass Jar Audio. Take a look at the tube projects at Headwize, too.

I have. I actually plan on building a CMOY sometime within the next few weeks (get my feet wet). Parts seem relatively inexpensive. My DIY experience is none...I really should have asked more questions at the meet. Oh well, wouldn't have understood half of what they were saying if I didn't learn it on my own to begin with.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back