I cannot transfer music to my SONY NW-ZX507 from my MAC
Nov 14, 2021 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sleepless64

Head-Fier
Hello, I am on the brink of returning the Walkman and (Sony headphones). Android File Transfer does not work. My Mac doesn't recognise the SONY NW-ZX507, and when I tried to use an SD Card (SanDisk) the Walkman says it is not compatible with that card. Are there any solutions (simple), or is it that this device is not compatible with Mac and period? Thanks for your help!

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 8
Use OpenMTP for Mac to Android file transfer.

As an alternative you can also use wifi file transfer. On zx507 download CX File Transfer in google play store. On the Mac setup smb file sharing to your music files. Then you use CX File Transfer to connect to your Mac via smb file sharing.

Format the card in the zx507. There should be a Music folder in the root level of the card, if not create a Music folder. That is where you will transfer music files to.

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 8

As an alternative you can also use wifi file transfer. On zx507 download CX File Transfer in google play store. On the Mac setup smb file sharing to your music files. Then you use CX File Transfer to connect to your Mac via smb file sharing.

Format the card in the zx507. There should be a Music folder in the root level of the card, if not create a Music folder. That is where you will transfer music files to.
Thanks for your answer! There is hope, then! I'll check it asap.

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 8
The whole problem is that either with OpenMTP or with Android File Transfer, my Mac does not recognize the Sony Walkman... any solutions to this, please?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.14.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.14.35 AM.png
    720 KB · Views: 0
Nov 15, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 8
I tried to check on that, but I never got to see the control for that in the Settings area of the Walkman. I called Sony support, the guy tried to guide me, but when I described to him that I could not even see the software version in the device, he told me that my new dap was defective, so now I must return it and hope they have a replacement... but most of all, that if they do, it works this time. Thank you very much for your help...

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 8

Actually, you solved my problem. The device was changed, and yes, the software of the other unit was defective, however, with the new one I could never make it work for the Walkman to be recognized by my Mac, with a cable, so using CX File Transfer via WiFi was the solution. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back