I am ready for a home amp
Mar 8, 2007 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mojo777

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently hunting for a home amplifier to replace/compliment my Hornet. I am looking for an increase in everything the Hornet does well. Drive, soundstage, tonal balance, and impact.

Currently on my radar is the RSA Raptor, PSA GCHA, and the Opera. I am leaning towards the Opera or the GCHA because of the internal DACs but I am in love with Ray's products.

So my source will be my Mac and my PS3 (SACD stereo). Everything is lossless and most of my listening will be through 701's and e500's. Other than classical (outside of chesky recordings) I listen to everything.

Thanks a bunch. I can't make it to the National to audition these so I will have to buy blind so any help would be appreciated.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 2
......to my mind, between those three - I'd be considering either the P.S.Audio, or Opera as being the most appropriate. You already know you want as much power as you can afford, and a bit of "warmth" or glow...........but, isn't Rudistor 7lite also a good choice for your k701? While I remember the days when tubes were the only choice (and really don't like to return to those days [e.g. getting and installing a new tube.....only to be confronted with hummmmmm a couple of days later.......and getting another replacement usw.]). Yet, today, find I'm almost forced to add a tube amp. to what I already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back