I Am Looking For Detailed Accurate Sound...Should I Get The Etymotic’s ER-4P?
Mar 3, 2007 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
smily_headphones1.gif
Hello...I am looking for detailed accurate sound.
Should I get the Etymotic’s ER-4P?

Alot of people tell me that this earphone is perfect for me althought the comfort isn't that good but can be helped with Westone Comply Tips.

I understand that the wires have been improved & the earphones themselves used to be colored (the right earphone red & the left earphone blue).
Also has their been any other changes?

I was originally considering the UE-10 Pro costing $900 bucks plus a $50 visit to the audiologist.

But I will settle for ER-4P if it fits the bill.

I currently have a Sennheiser PX100 headphone & I wonder how much of an improvement besides the obvious isolation it is compared to the PX100??

Also where can I get a good price online for the ER-4P?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 33
Yes, excellent phones. Even more so with the Comply tips

I believe the best place to buy them right now is Amazon since they have free shipping. It is kind of slow though, so searching around might be a good idea if you want them within a week. Try froogle

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 33
I live in northern California, and received mine within 4 days with "free super saver shipping." Four days is pretty good for free shipping, IMO.

DIY foamies make them even more comfortable.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 33
Lol, the answer is so obvious that we don't even need to explain ourselves. It's like providing data without a warrant in a high school essay.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 33
Accuracy ranking...

Marshmallows --> everything else ---------------> ER-4 -----> UE10

biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #9 of 33
Does anyone know where I can purchase the latest version that has the following improvements:

*Twisted wire cords design. (Eliminates the microphonic effect—amplification of cord movement noise—heard in earlier ER-4 series phones when you walked around or shifted positions.)
*Improved zippered portable carrying case with a sleeker, softer design; holds the coiled earphones and replacement flanges.
*The color of earpieces and cord splitter are jet black.
*Smaller mini jack plug.

Thank You.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where I can purchase the latest version that has the following improvements:

*Twisted wire cords design. (Eliminates the microphonic effect—amplification of cord movement noise—heard in earlier ER-4 series phones when you walked around or shifted positions.)
*Improved zippered portable carrying case with a sleeker, softer design; holds the coiled earphones and replacement flanges.
*The color of earpieces and cord splitter are jet black.
*Smaller mini jack plug.

Thank You.

I bought mine from amazon.com and I got the new version as you have described. It can be seen at the following link
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~leest..._0739small.jpg

I think you will be very satisfied with the sound of these.

Mar 4, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 33
Mar 4, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #12 of 33
Here is what one user had to say about the Etymotic Research ER-4P Earphones. Out of all the negative said...the one that struck a cord the most was LACK OF LOW FREQUENCIES. Whats your take on all this???

Here is the review below:

Summary:
Thought it would be like a portable Sennheiser HD600, reading all these positive reviews here. Unfortunately it wasn't. * I am not a BASS freak. I think Sennheisers have enough lows for any type of music, though a lot of people don't think so. So I safely ignored the comments on lack of lows on ER4P's. Well, I was wrong. I coudn't really hear anything I'd say below 100Hz. That is bad! * There will be a lot of background noise-and-hiss that will ruin the music when you use these with a lot of portables, and laptops. Since it picks up everything, it will amplify the noise also. Well I had to sell it on Ebay... No compare to Senn HD600's...

Strengths:
Sound isolation and detail are really good.

Weaknesses:
Lack of low frequencies!!! though itself is portable, will require a good source and amplification to justify the purchase and use; which makes the whole package a bit nonsense.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 33
You can use EQ to boost bass, but the bass is tight, not boomy, no matter what. Depends on your preferences. I just messed around with the EQ on my Creative Zen Vision M, and found the right combo. I move between bi-flanges and foam tips, like them both. Also, have some Westone Comply tips (short) on order as well, just to try they out.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Hello...I am looking for detailed accurate sound.
Should I get the Etymotic’s ER-4P?

์No.
You should get the ER4S.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back