I am currently wearing my brand new Etymotic ER6i's
May 25, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 20
How do the Shure E3c's compare with the Etymotic ER6i's?

I just contacted Etymotic's customer service, which is FANTASTIC by the way, and the very knowledgable staff person said that the headphones are meant to be stuck in your ears as far as you can get them, and remain comfortable.

I described to her that when I wear the headphones with the 3 flanged tips, the monitors themselves or whatever they're called kind of stick out of my ears at a downward angle. She said my ears are probably too small, and Etymotic is now sending me 2 pairs of the 2 flanged ER6i sleeves, and 2 pairs of the small foam sleeves.

Etymotic's staff are real class acts. It really satisfies me to encounter a company that actually gives two craps about their customers.

May 25, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #17 of 20
man, i've been using and giving advice on ety ear-insertion for years.

here's what works:
stick ety's in your ears
bang them in with a hammer

works every time.

wink.gif

kidding!

May 25, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #18 of 20
I find the shure E3s to be a better sounding phone overall. I even prefer the E3s to the etymotic Research 4 (ER4). I find the etys in comparison to the shures to sound lifeless, sibilant, and thin in their bass and mids. The etys however both have nicer highs compared to the shures. The ER6i I found to sound very clear and detailed, however like the Er4 their thinness in the bass and midrange, is not very enjoyable compared to the E3s. The E3s on the other hand have the best midrange compared to the ER6i, and Er4;(E3s) have the nicest bass, (though the etys bass is tighter), and a smooth also clean and detailed sound overall, and the most musically enjoyable sound of the three IMO. If you can equalize the E3s they become even more detailed (though still not as detailed as the ER4), and their sound gets even better. With the price on this BUY.com ($85 USD), the er6is are a better than great value however.

May 26, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
man, i've been using and giving advice on ety ear-insertion for years.

here's what works:
stick ety's in your ears
bang them in with a hammer

works every time.

wink.gif

kidding!

So does ripping out your ear canals and trading them for a Bose system
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 26, 2005 at 12:15 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunninator
IT ****ING HURTS WITH THIS ZIT!

;_;

How used to it can a person really get though?

I might need to order some smaller flanges or foam things.

first you might wanna wait till that annoyance in ur ears goes away, secondly I recomend you get some otto-ease or some ear cleaning fluid (carbamide peroxide)... I used ear cleaning fluid cause thats what I had.

in anycase just put a couple of drop of the ear fluid in ur ear, then clean it out and hey presto your earcanal is now lubricated. This worked for me when I first got my e2c (and boy were they uncomfortable at first) and then for the ER6. Just make sure you get as much excess out as possible otherwise you'll dirty the filters etc..

hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back