I am an idiot, RIP HD595's
Apr 5, 2007 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
After a blind rage, a lot of stupid rash decisions, and a terrible sick sensation, I ruined my 595's, and as a part of my string of rash decisions, ruined them further by completely parting them out with some crazy irrational plan to sell it for parts and scrounge together money to buy another pair. Never have I felt more stupid, never.

You can buy those parts in the FS forum.

I also lowered the price of my Denon to $125 in hopes that it will sell so I can buy some new headphones.

Please help me people.

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 32
Ok.. You're an idiot
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice attempt at selling your Denon though.

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a blind rage, a lot of stupid rash decisions, and a terrible sick sensation, I ruined my 595's, and as a part of my string of rash decisions, ruined them further by completely parting them out with some crazy irrational plan to sell it for parts and scrounge together money to buy another pair. Never have I felt more stupid, never.

You can buy those parts in the FS forum.

I also lowered the price of my Denon to $125 in hopes that it will sell so I can buy some new headphones.

Please help me people.

What happened?

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 32
Tried to open them up so I could see what it would take to do a recable. Hell, I had the instructions, but they were very, very unclear, so I ended up prying the whole dame assembly out and doing all kinds of major damage.

I am honestly broke, if I sell my Denon, it will be going right towards another pair of 595's.

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 32
Hey, how bout me? I just broke up with my GF so maybe i should create a thread so i can have a support group too!

Apr 5, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 32
What I don't understand is why you are selling that receiver at such a low price. You are not getting so much money for it either way so why don't you want to keep it. Just wait a while and save up some money before selling everything and buying that HD595 straight away.

That's just my point of view. You do what you like.

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

I bought this for my husband before looking to see if DVD and cable could connect to it... this is an AUDIO ONLY receiver apparently so I'm putting it back into the eBay world! It has been tested so it proves once again that Denon is legendary and a quality piece of audio equipment just not exactly what we needed for our home theater system. I wish I could keep it and use it for our deck sound system but that project is years away... hope it's back by then... for now, I have to revive my costs so my husband doesn't divorce me :wink:

Nice touch.

Maybe your husband can repair your HD595.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back