I am about to die!
May 12, 2004 at 2:04 PM Post #16 of 33
I'm just getting over a nasty cold.
(I still can't hear right yet)

Take lots of vitamin C (oranges and orange juice) drink plenty of liquids, and you too will survive.

May 12, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #17 of 33
LOL!

Seriously though, I think I might have died recently of not even a cold, but dry coughs--I was coughing so hard, I threw up my breakfast in church and had to be taken to hospital, I could hardly breathe.
eek.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
It's caused by a hypersensitive windpipe left behind by the cold I had earlier, I think--the doctors certainly didn't find much wrong with me! Leaving the hospital, my father mumbled something about abusing the emergency ward, while I went and bought some medicine for stopping running nose, which cut out most of the coughing. (no, not the cough syrup
confused.gif
) But even now, whenver I cough, I have to fight the urge to keep hacking until I throw up my whole dinner, 'coz my windpipe gets so itchy, my next cough can hardly wait for me to draw my next breath first, it would cough out food instead of air
eek.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 12, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 33
Damn, ZCX!

I saw this thread and REALLY thought you were terminally ill or something. Especially after seeing your FS threads selling off just about everything.

Man, don't scare us like that!

Hope you feel better, soon.

-Ed

May 12, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #21 of 33
Could be the deadly springtimeus allergieseus disease...

May 12, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs
LOL!

Seriously though, I think I might have died recently of not even a cold, but dry coughs--I was coughing so hard, I threw up my breakfast in church and had to be taken to hospital, I could hardly breathe.
eek.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
It's caused by a hypersensitive windpipe left behind by the cold I had earlier, I think--the doctors certainly didn't find much wrong with me! Leaving the hospital, my father mumbled something about abusing the emergency ward, while I went and bought some medicine for stopping running nose, which cut out most of the coughing. (no, not the cough syrup
confused.gif
) But even now, whenver I cough, I have to fight the urge to keep hacking until I throw up my whole dinner, 'coz my windpipe gets so itchy, my next cough can hardly wait for me to draw my next breath first, it would cough out food instead of air
eek.gif

Coincidentally, I had the same exact thing occur to me IN SCHOOL several times! At least I'm almost sure it was the same thing. My windpipe was itching severely and I couldn't stop to breathe. It feels like there is an imaginary spider crawling up my esphagus. It was extremely scary as well as embarrasing (my face turned dark red completely and tears came out). Until now I didn't think much of it. Next time I won't take chances and ask for help.

May 12, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #26 of 33
The cold medicines here really suck, and the doctors give you nothing.
frown.gif
Mom tried to send me cold medicines...a big package full of various forms of Nyquil, Sudafed, Contac, all sorts of stuff like that. And what did that customs b*** do? Took them away! Apparently they're all banned substances here.
frown.gif

Note to self, stock up on this stuff when you go back home! At the very least, it lets you sleep through the worst bits.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Coincidentally, I had the same exact thing occur to me IN SCHOOL several times! At least I'm almost sure it was the same thing. My windpipe was itching severely and I couldn't stop to breathe. It feels like there is an imaginary spider crawling up my esphagus. It was extremely scary as well as embarrasing (my face turned dark red completely and tears came out). Until now I didn't think much of it. Next time I won't take chances and ask for help.

Gah, this has been happening to me at least a few times a DAY for weeks now... except for the coughing out food part
eek.gif
What to do...
confused.gif
Completely dark red, huh? Sounds like you had it worse than me. (but I do have the tears coming out too) How and when did you stop coughing?
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 13, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #30 of 33
Gargle with salt water, take some Echanecia, and SLEEP
tongue.gif

BTW im not trying to be motherly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back