I am a proud father!
Apr 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #16 of 33
I hope that when (if) I have kids they love music as much as I do. I would love sitting down talking to my son/daughter about high end audio and getting their opinions on various setups and rigs.

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 33
are you kidding... he is making way more then I made at his age... and he is living at HOME! I was on my own as soon as I turned 16! Lucky lil crap

Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
give him a break hahaha, he ain't earning much..
when he does, he'll upgrade...

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #18 of 33
That is what I was wishing.... All the equipment that I have and he acts like I am weird for buying it... He is a "new" geek. They think the the new Ipad /crap is the state of the art... It is ashamed, I have 25+ years of IT management experience and he is too closed minded......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that when (if) I have kids they love music as much as I do. I would love sitting down talking to my son/daughter about high end audio and getting their opinions on various setups and rigs.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 33
^ Yea... I mean I like some of the new pieces of equipment that comes out but I'm a little more into it than you say your son is; I occasionally surf Engadget to get info on the new stuff and research that although I never get any of it :X

Meh, I love being a nerd
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what I was wishing.... All the equipment that I have and he acts like I am weird for buying it... He is a "new" geek. They think the the new Ipad /crap is the state of the art... It is ashamed, I have 25+ years of IT management experience and he is too closed minded......

rly? so does he prefer apple to pc? how can he possibly not like to waste money being a "new geek"

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg. You are indeed a true audiophile.

May 7, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #22 of 33
"Audiophilia is more of an obsessive-compulsive disorder variant"
Amen

May 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #23 of 33
Congrats spartan! Now show him what Head-fi is all about.

May 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #24 of 33

Quote:
If he eventually turns up with a Sennheiser HD600 the amplifiers should follow soon, congratulations.

What happened to me. But in my case it will be 2 amplifier as the first (bravo tube amp) seems to be no improvement

May 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #26 of 33
haha, my mom flipped when she saw the ue700's that were in the cart on apple.com

May 8, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #30 of 33
Don't forget to tell him to stay away from head-fi....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back