I am a Basshead! Best Headphones for me for under 150$?
Jul 10, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #16 of 58

Quote:
The hfi has more punch and slam compared to pro900 the pro900 does excel in areas compared to hfi 580 i own quite alot of headphones the hfi for bass only along with clarity etc is fine for this music or the m 50..but if your are after a rumble in the bass to make these headphones shake at a loud volume the hfi 580.

So 580> XB 1000?

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 58

Quote:
The hfi has more punch and slam compared to pro900 the pro900 does excel in areas compared to hfi 580 i own quite alot of headphones the hfi for bass only along with clarity etc is fine for this music or the m 50..but if your are after a rumble in the bass to make these headphones shake at a loud volume the hfi 580.

btw, whats the next step after hfi 580? 

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #18 of 58
To me compared to hfi 580 if your after a more aggressive headphone in the base that suits trance that is fast the hfi 580 hands down at the price to me i prefer the hfi 580 a bit more over these m 50 although the bass is like the same the hfi 580 has the potential to rumble on your head more with its more low down bass.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #21 of 58
Tbh i don't know the next step up from hfi 580 i like it's punch and slam and bass and thats about it for everything else it is good enough soundstage could be a bit better.

It was my main bass can until i lost it and am using the m 50's now..the m 50 are more balanced in a way.

dt 770 needs a good amp to drive it but it's bass is not as meaty as the hfi 580 with it's frequency curve.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #22 of 58
You can drive the hfi 580 or m 50 at max volume on a zune portable mp3 player to be loud enough to get the bass i was saying, the difference with no amp means your bass will bloat more over the whole sound spectrum.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #23 of 58

Quote:
Tbh i don't know the next step up from hfi 580 i like it's punch and slam and bass and thats about it for everything else it is good enough soundstage could be a bit better.

It was my main bass can until i lost it and am using the m 50's now..the m 50 are more balanced in a way.

dt 770 needs a good amp to drive it but it's bass is not as meaty as the hfi 580 with it's frequency curve.

This guy said "I really like the sound quality that this headset produces. Very rich quality with bright highs and good mids but lacking a little in the bass. I have tried with all kinds of receivers and such but still the bass is lacking a little. I am not an audiophile but I do appreciate good quality bass." about the 580's.... :/

GAH

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #24 of 58
TIME FOR ME TO CHIP IN!!! XD

Quote:
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/ultrasone-hfi-580/4505-7877_7-32983712.html

They say its not good for iphone? ???

I dont have an amp :p! mostly out from iphone 4

I don't really trust CNET. They gave the HFI-580 a measly 3 1/2 stars while the Beats Studio got an "outstanding" 4...

Anyway, yeah I agree with the rest. The HFH-580 is very good for electronic, and will suit your preferences well. Bass is definitely there, lots of impact and very little bloat too.

I have a comparison review in my sig too if you need it :) you can also have a look at the Audio Technica Pro700 MK2.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #25 of 58
about the 580's version ultrasone dj1

Well First of all, dont you ever buy a pair of headphones without listening them first. I made the mistake of buying them through the net. These expensive headphones look very attractive but the sound quality is not even close to professional for a pro DJ. The isolation is really bad, the case is huge impossible to carry out on a Pro DJ schedule, they lack of definition in the low end specially in loud clubs i just cant hear clearly the kick drum so i have to press them against my head to hear better, the size is sometimes uncomfortable specially when placed on stand by around your neck. The earpads detaches sometimes and you have to screw them back in gig situations, really bad!!! I have compared them to my old sony MDR7509 and the sound quality is not comparable, specially bass definition. My advice, if you are a pro DJ dont even think about these crapy headphones, I really want to throw them away.

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #26 of 58
about the 580's version ultrasone dj1

Well First of all, dont you ever buy a pair of headphones without listening them first. I made the mistake of buying them through the net. These expensive headphones look very attractive but the sound quality is not even close to professional for a pro DJ. The isolation is really bad, the case is huge impossible to carry out on a Pro DJ schedule, they lack of definition in the low end specially in loud clubs i just cant hear clearly the kick drum so i have to press them against my head to hear better, the size is sometimes uncomfortable specially when placed on stand by around your neck. The earpads detaches sometimes and you have to screw them back in gig situations, really bad!!! I have compared them to my old sony MDR7509 and the sound quality is not comparable, specially bass definition. My advice, if you are a pro DJ dont even think about these crapy headphones, I really want to throw them away.

Hmm really? I personally think that Ultrasone provides one of the best bass reproduction at their price range. Compared to the V6 (7509), though they may be more neutral and flat, their bass kinda lacked some of the texture and quickness require by most pro DJs.

Mind telling me what's so bad about the DJ1/HFI-580 in more detail?

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #27 of 58

Quote:
Hmm really? I personally think that Ultrasone provides one of the best bass reproduction at their price range. Compared to the V6 (7509), though they may be more neutral and flat, their bass kinda lacked some of the texture and quickness require by most pro DJs.

Mind telling me what's so bad about the DJ1/HFI-580 in more detail?

that's just reviews i hear.

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #29 of 58
If you're looking for a headphone that is well driven by ipod and laptop, consider the Denon AH-D1100.

I know you are already considering the D2000, but everyone agrees an amp is required for them.

D1100 have great bass, soundstage and instrumen separation. They are also very comfortable.

Jul 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #30 of 58

Quote:

Stepping up from the 580 is going to the Pro 900.

And on another note, do not use a frequency curve to justify bass. Look at the Pro 900's frequency curve and compare it to other headphones that are supposed to have big bass. You'll notice it's not as huge, as for example, as the XB series from Sony. Yet the bass is phenomenal. There's way more to it than just frequency response curve measurements. Cup, isolation, drive position, etc, all matter. And the DT770 Pro's are monstrous with bass, I wouldn't even begin to say they're not as meaty unless you've worn them. I have them all so I have actually listened.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back