Hyun Won Mobiblu DAH-1500 review.
Jul 17, 2005 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry it's not really proof read and might be longer than necessary. Just dashed this off in a hurry.

mobiblu_3pl.jpg

"You expect something with such a small size usually to have a number of crippling compromises which prevent it being anything beyond a novelty toy which you tire of after a week's use. What surprises about the mobiBLU DAH-1500 is that remarkably few corners have been cut to achieve the size."

http://phonephile.blogspot.com/2005/...-dah-1500.html

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 35
Nice read and shots bangraman.

Gotta ask, where did you get it? Seems next to impossible at the moment.

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 35
Thanks heeeraldo.

bangraman, any chance you can test the UMS on your Mac?

Also for internal shots, see here.

Jul 18, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 35
Nice review bangraman ! has anyone else noticed every oled display player is usb 1.1 ? At least all the ones I've seen. I wonder if there is a technical reason?

Jul 18, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 35
just to chime in for the fellow Canadians..

A stripped down version of this is available at TheSource aka. the old Radio Shack. I picked it up today and it is missing the fm tuner, carrying case and I can't figure out how to update the firmware. The instructions on the mobiblu site don't work.

Jul 18, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
I can't figure out how to update the firmware. The instructions on the mobiblu site don't work.

I read somewhere you need to d/l the zip file, unzip and drop the files into the player - then when you disconnect it and turn it on, watch the screen and it should update... Hope this helps - let us know
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 10:54 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
I read somewhere you need to d/l the zip file, unzip and drop the files into the player - then when you disconnect it and turn it on, watch the screen and it should update... Hope this helps - let us know
smily_headphones1.gif

That's exactly what I did, followed the instructions they gave. Several times infact, it doesn't do anything with the files.

Jul 19, 2005 at 12:10 PM Post #12 of 35
It works for me. Are you sure you put it in the root folder?

The Dapreview link was a bit of a surprise (as well as other audio blogsites) so I guess I'd better streamline the review fairly quickly. I just dumped the review without checking it too much, so I was expecting to be able to refine it at my leisure over the next couple of days!

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #13 of 35
i think because oled is not expensive , and is really castchy so all taiwanese and chine player will have it, whereas the usb 2 is considerably more expensive, like 1-2$, and that amount can make a taiwanese manufacturere cry mind you, so they have usb 1.1

Jul 19, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 35
Jul 19, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #15 of 35
Cool review, thanks. I'm absolutely hooked on this player. And you just have to love the picture with the DAH-1500 and Omega IIs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back