Hyun Won Mobiblu DAH-1500 review.
Jul 20, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
just to chime in for the fellow Canadians..

A stripped down version of this is available at TheSource aka. the old Radio Shack. I picked it up today and it is missing the fm tuner, carrying case and I can't figure out how to update the firmware. The instructions on the mobiblu site don't work.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for this. I just ordered the Archos Gmini XS202 which I thought was small, but this takes the biscuit/cake (depending on whether you're in the U.K. or N. America!).

I've been dealing with 1Click2computers.com, and find them pretty good - they're just outside Toronto. (This is after buying an XS202 on Ebay, and never receiving it or receiving a refund).

GVDV, in Toronto

Jul 20, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 35
Just bought this (ebay) and did the firmware upgrade.

Its a surprisingly easy player to use (I love the OLED display) - the firmware upgrade was quick, trouble-free...downloaded from the clear manufacturer web site.

As has been reported, the sound is good, especially considering the size of the player. OK, maybe I wouldn't run my multi speaker home theater system through it, but for a player measuring an inch cubed, its good enough for me for portable play.

So far, so good.

Jul 20, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 35
iano, how bothersome were the gaps between songs? Bangramans and another review both mentioned it.

Jul 23, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #22 of 35
Wow, this one looks cool. I don't think I'm going to buy it though. It seems that it will be very easy for me to misplace/lost it.
eek.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #23 of 35
$129? They're £129 here now. Figures
rolleyes.gif

As for loss... well, it can be hung around the neck. The included necklace phones aren't fantastic, but no worse than what ships with most players. If you can find an alternative lanyard, then you're pretty much set. I prefer the iRiver N10 as far as this type of arrangement is concerned as the N10 has a detachable top, which accepts either the necklace phone connector (without a 3.5mm jack) or a 3.5mm jack connector with lanyard.

Jul 24, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #24 of 35
Haha, I never thought I'd actually be tempted to get a DAP with less than 20 GB of space, but this one does it. It's just so tiny you can actually hang it around your neck...no bulging pockets anymore!

Jul 24, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #25 of 35
Bangraman, how does the sound quality and power output compare to 1st generation Hi-MD units?, and how good is the build quality and structural strenght of the unit?

Jul 24, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #26 of 35
It's about an inch all the way around, so it will create a buldge if one puts it in one's pocket. And I'm not a big fan of wearing players around my neck. The best form factor for people that just slip the player into their pocket, like myself, is like a credit card, bigger area, but much thinner.

Jul 25, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 35
Assuming European pantaloon couture, how much of an issue is the bulge, which Zuerst hinted at?

Jul 25, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #29 of 35
It's odd to pocket that's for sure. If you don't want to wear it around the neck, you're better off making use of the lanyard mount point with a belt mounted keychain, etc.

Jul 25, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #30 of 35
Thanks, that's really something to consider then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back