Hydride balanced armature dynamic iem's? Any worth while?
Aug 12, 2016 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

timb5881

1000+ Head-Fier
Any good ones out there? Any advantages to dual hybrid IEMs with balanced armature and dynamic drivers together? Also would this better than multi ba drivers? I see 2 , 3 and 4 driver balanced armatures si I am guessing they have some advantage. I have also read that dynamic drivers have a better dynamic range but do not have the clarity of balanced armature drivers.

Aug 14, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 8
Bump

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 8
Any good ones out there? Any advantages to dual hybrid IEMs with balanced armature and dynamic drivers together? Also would this better than multi ba drivers? I see 2 , 3 and 4 driver balanced armatures si I am guessing they have some advantage. I have also read that dynamic drivers have a better dynamic range but do not have the clarity of balanced armature drivers.

What are you asking ?

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 8
As always it's not always about how many driver or what, but the way it's tuned. In general though, an addition of dynamic driver tends to give better bass response. There are a lot of multi BA and hybrids IEMs out there! Just go through the IEMs forum.

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 8
i agree with you, last month i tried a new earphone product from 1more. i'm curious with the 1more triple driver earphone model, when finally finish tested with a couple song. It's a nice earphone and the box looks expensive, but when i compare with rha m750i there's no significant different in sound quality. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Any advantages to dual hybrid IEMs with balanced armature and dynamic drivers together?

Think of a frequency response graph, from bass to mids to treble. From what I understand, the balanced armature architecture works best in the mids to treble area. Because dynamic drivers can handle bass really well (including detailed sub-bass), you combine the two completely different types of drivers for a -potentially- very accurate set hybrid IEMs.
That's a real general way of describing it and I'm sure the real pros on here can say it better than me.

But the fun is in finding a set that really works best for you. Read the reviews, research.

Aug 29, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 8
generally I find that hybrids give a more natural (IMO) sounding bass sound with more resounding fullness and warmth, while BAs will generally sound cleaner and more lean. So you will often find many dirt cheap single DD earphones with insane amounts of bass but an alarming lack of clarity in the mid-high end.

I myself am a huge fan of hybrids and recently acquired the Mini Audio Oriolus which has a 1DD3BA configuration
I also tried the iBasso IT03 which also has a very solid bass with decent highs 1DD2BA config
lastly the Unique MElody Merlin ,1DD4BA is very smooth in all frequencies with a firm but not overwhelming bass sound and airy highs

Of course there are also many pure BA IEMs that have an amazing bass sound such as the Shure 846, which has a very clean "slamming" bass sound.
you may also wnat to check out the qdc 5SH iem which also has a quite warm sound with good bass as well but great detail retrieval in mids and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back