Hurricane sympathy to all our head-fi family.
Aug 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
I hope you don't loose power during this storm. It will give you reason for some good listening time. Stay safe and dry.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the good wishes. I feel perfectly safe but I'm shocked our proto-fascist mayor shut down public transportation for the first time in city history. Music, a good book and knockwurst & sauerkraut for lunch. Ahh, life is good!

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 8
Got a knock at my door at 12:30am, saying that my county (middlesex, nj) had finally decided that this was indeed an emergency :/  since I live in a basement apartment maybe 10 feet above the normal level of the raritan river, I was heavily encouraged to evacuate.  i am now at my mother-in-law's place

driving through this garbage on the parkway was the most treacherous driving experience I have ever endured.  stressful doesn't begin to describe it! 

i just hope my apartment doesn't flood! 

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #6 of 8
Looks like the worst is over, here in DC. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 8
Pics!

Boy, an earthquake and a hurricane in one week, some have all the luck. So the quake loosens the foundation and the wind and water tries to crash it.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Am in the Bronx on high ground here in New York City so we were very fortunate compared to other areas. Thanks to some spectacular preventive and safety measures by those in charge and the cooperation by most folks things turned out much much better then they may have if everyone had not been on the same page.  Now its clean up time with many taking the day off with no train service and only minimal bus service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back