Hurricane Ike/Humane Society Relief Raffle
Sep 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
I haven't done one of these in a while. I have a 160gb ipod classic and a Go-Vibe Magnum Headphone Amp/usb DAC to raffle off. When I go portable I have my iphone which is almost always enough so it's time to put these items to good use. The ipod has CanJam '08 Special Edition engraved on back. It is in very good to excellent condition and has been in an Agent 18 case the entire time I've had it. The case is included. I have a usb cable to go with it but that is it. The amp comes with the wall charger and is in good shape. It has some scuffs and scratches but nothing too bad.

The Humane Society is probably my favorite charity and they do tremendous work, in particular during these devastating storms in terms of rescue, shelter, vet care, etc.

The donations can be done a couple of ways. You can mail me a check payable to the Humane Society or if you find it easier, you can paypal the money for the raffle ticket to me. If you want to participate you send me a pm with the amount of tickets you want to purchase and I will send you your ticket number(s) and my paypal or office address. I would prefer checks made payable to the Humane Society as it is easier for me to deal with it but if paypal is easier and raises more money, then no problem. I am charged fees for paypal so include the fees if you can.

I will keep this going for 2 weeks ending October 4th at 9:00pm. The winner will be chosen using a random number generator. The winner gets the amp and ipod. I do not have a dock or cable to include so the winner is on his or her own for that. If you have questions, either post in the thread or pm me.

Each ticket is $10.

Here are some pics:

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it CONUS or Worldwide ?

Conus is easier but if you are not conus and win, I will include you as long as you are willing to pay the shipping.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What "Humane Society" is this supposed to benefit and don't you need a license to run raffles?

This Humane Society

I don't know if I need a license. I've done it two or three times before without a problem.

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in Mike. And assuming I don't win I'll build a mini-mini for the winner up to 12" in length.

Thanks Nate, that is a kind offer.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do we send the money? Thanks.

Send me a pm letting me know how many you want and how you want to pay. I will respond with either my pp address or office address. Checks made payable to the Humane Society are welcome and preferred.

Thanks

So far, we are up to $90. I would live to see if we can get this to $1000. We've done better in the past but I recognize we are in tough times financially so whatever we can do will be better than nothing. It would be great to at least get more than I could have sold the stuff for.

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #11 of 48
I wanted to post the touching photos from an email that circulated after Katrina, showing a rescuer's car filling up one at a time, with surviving, exhausted, abandoned cats and dogs who peacefully greet each other then curl up and fall asleep in a big pile together .... but couldn't find it.

So this will have to do: snopes.com: Dog Rescue

It's good that there are organizations and individuals who help the helpless in situations like this. Like everything, it costs money to carry out this sort of relief. Every little bit helps.

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #12 of 48
Mike, I'm in. And to sweeten the pot, I'll throw in a pair of Yuin PK1s. Those, along with your goodies and Nate's cable, should make a really nice, complete portable rig for someone. Maybe me!

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike please put me in for two tickets for the raffle the DOTU will probably win although the streak must be broken some time. send me the pp address

Jp, thanks.

We are up to $210.
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #15 of 48
Im in!! nothing better than helping out close to home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back