Hundred and ten usages of wiimote
Jan 7, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 14
Wow, the guy obviously knows his stuff. Certainly the kind of genius that should be working for game developers.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 14
An electro-acoustic music program somewhere wrote something to allow the wii mote to be used to manipulate a sine wave to make sounds. I guess it's like a modern day theremin.

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #9 of 14
All that is so friggen cool. The last one is incredible.

I think I might have a go at that electronic whiteboard one...

That guy is obviously very smart.

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 14
Man, all of those are really cool. The last one though...wow. Its like the holodeck on star trek is just around the corner.

</geekiness>

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the guy obviously knows his stuff. Certainly the kind of genius that should be working for game developers.

More than just game developers, he should be working for bettering more useful technologies, not just in game design.

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 14
This technology has been around for a LOooONG time, it's just that a company finally put out a device that brings a few different technologies together (infrared tracking, gyroscopes, and accelerometers) into one fun and extremely easy to use device. I'm sure we'll continue to see improvements to the technology, especially when Nintendo gets some competition from Microsoft and Sony (and maybe some unknown will pop up too?).

This guy definitely found some creative uses for it.
smily_headphones1.gif
There are bound to be more. I'm actually pretty disappointed with what the game developers have come up with so far. There's a few gems, but you'd think they would put more R&D money into the Wii console since an insane number of people have bought them since it's release.

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #14 of 14
dude that's s-i-c-k!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back