Human + Big Headphones + Streets = Weird?
May 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

devilcm3

New Head-Fier
i've the habit of sticking my headphones whereever i go...
because that i really get bored if had nothing to wear on my head..so i bring my ad500 to school , streets...etc..
but the funny part is that , why people always thinks that it weird to bring such things in front of public?
icon10.gif

share your opinions here

May 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 26
Probably just because its not a common sight!
If more of you did so, eventually people would not raise their eyebrows at all...

May 31, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 26
It is weird x2.
Big headphones are not meant to be taken to school or whatever. You'll look ridiculous.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Women like confident men. Get caught worrying about how you are perceived and you will die a virgin.
wink_face.gif

agreed...but there is smthg known as style...wearing DJ headphones around the neck is cool...but wearing K1000 on head is not getting you laid buddy.

May 31, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Women like confident men. Get caught worrying about how you are perceived and you will die a virgin.
wink_face.gif

haha! nice!
biggrin.gif

@OP

its only weird if you wear them and you don't start street rapping
wink.gif

May 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it is weird.

nope. it's usually the person who is considering it weird, who is weird. same kinda people who'd look funny at someone with coloured or alternative hairstyle, different fashion to themselves, etc etc... they basically lead sheltered lives imo... and who made them judge of what is weird anyway?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourstruly
Big headphones are for use at home. Portable headphones are to be used outside. It's just about using things for their intended purposes.

yes & no.... big open cans are for indoors, or big open cans with lot's of protruding wires that may get snagged when outside. big closed cans with a sensible cable length are cool for outside.

headphones aren't meant to be fashion y'know! it's just that some people feel the need to include them in their fashion statement / some people crave more attention than others. isn't this a skull candy topic?

May 31, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #12 of 26
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", weirdness too.

If strapping two banana milk-shakes to the side of your head makes the world a better place for you, then you go right ahead and do it - ditto headphones.

If other people think big headphones outdoors are weird then too bad for them. They suffer from a kind of suburbia of the brain. You, on the other hand, most likely have a surfer-dude-in-a-hut-on-the-beach brain... it's a gift, chill out, enjoy!

May 31, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #13 of 26
It is AD500 and people may look at you because it's really big, the shape is totally weird, it leaks a lot of sound, and/or you yourself look worse than the headphone.
biggrin.gif

j/k
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #15 of 26
yes its wierd. who isnt on here? most normals would think we are all mad for spending any more than about £20 on headphones. i say sod them all, what does it matter if they think you are weird, you get to live in your own acoustic bubble of bliss.

however i wouldnt, fullsized are just too impractical for me, have you thought about a pair of good IEM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back