Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 18, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #17,792 of 18,495
I've only owned it for a couple of weeks so I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out, now I can't un-notice it, I'll have to go to Halfords an buy a can of black spray paint. :)
I think it looks better than two black..

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #17,795 of 18,495
M-Scaler does make everything sound ethereal. Thank you! @Rob Watts
IMG_1204.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #17,796 of 18,495
Does anyone know where i can get hold of that lamp the one pictured on top of the mscaler?

Dec 23, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #17,798 of 18,495
I added a used HMS to my Qutest. Increased ease, space, separation. Standard power supply for both units and standard dnc cables. I feel something light and lacking in bottom. Obvious upgrade options are power supplies for Q and/or HMS and better dnc cables. However if I do all three of those I may as well buy a used TT2 and sell the Qutest. Anyone been through this rabbit hole with words of wisdom? Will psu upgrade bring more significant impact in Qutest or M-Scaler?

Dec 23, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #17,799 of 18,495
i tried mscaler qutest anni with my oppo pm1. when comparing to tt2 the sound with tt2 was more transparent and smoother. however this was with an mscaler and tt2. i would go with tt2 and add mscaler later for sure.

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #17,801 of 18,495
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #17,802 of 18,495
I added a used HMS to my Qutest. Increased ease, space, separation. Standard power supply for both units and standard dnc cables. I feel something light and lacking in bottom. Obvious upgrade options are power supplies for Q and/or HMS and better dnc cables. However if I do all three of those I may as well buy a used TT2 and sell the Qutest. Anyone been through this rabbit hole with words of wisdom? Will psu upgrade bring more significant impact in Qutest or M-Scaler?
I've done all but power supply change to Qutest. Many others here have gone through the steps as well and will chime in. As you concluded, probably best overall option is buying the used TT2 for big step up, with added utility and potent bass. And better interconnects with HMS are almost mandatory regardless of anything else you might choose to do.

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #17,804 of 18,495
The album must sound beautiful this time of year. I would ditch mqa for the qobuz or tidal pcm versions if you can.

Had to get that in before xmas lol

I have the option to trade in my kef ls50 metas for klipsch heresy 4's horn speakers with 99dB sensitivity. Right now im in a nearfield set up with the metas so quite happy. Would the heresy's bring anymore to the game other than increased volume? The metas are currently fine in my set up with tt2 single ended and also sound great. The Heresy 4 at 99dB sensitivity is an excellent match power wise for tt2 single ended.

Struggling on this one advice would be great here...the heresy 4's...or are these in a different league?...would enable full room listening with my new sub??

1703356011696.png

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #17,805 of 18,495
2 questions: which filter are you using for Qutest and what is the output voltage set at?

Because M-Scaler lowers the volume by 2.7dB, it’s possible that if you have room, you can increase the Qutest voltage and as long as it doesn’t clip your amp, you might get that bass back. Same goes for the filter, sometimes, with M-Scaler, one filter that works with solo Qutest doesn’t work as well and needs a different filter when using it with M-Scaler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back