Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Apr 3, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #17,071 of 18,493
Apr 3, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #17,072 of 18,493
I am looking for bnc-bnc cables to connect the TT2 +M Scaler.
The favorites would be Wave Storm, Stream, but i live in the EU and the fees from England(customs, VAT and shipping would increase the price by 40%).
That's why I'm thinking about a cheaper variant that would provide a noticeable square shift compared to the original cables. Nordost, Chord, Wireworld, Cardas, Sotm, Audioquest brands are available in my country. Unfortunately, everything is made to order, without the possibility of a demo. Can you recommend some good sounding bnc-bnc cables at a reasonable price?
I'll just point out that I don't want to deal with opto-dx or battery power. I am only concerned with cables available in the EU.

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #17,073 of 18,493
The favorites would be Wave Storm, Stream, but i live in the EU and the fees from England(customs, VAT and shipping would increase the price by 40%).
That's why I'm thinking about a cheaper variant that would provide a noticeable square shift compared to the original cables. Nordost, Chord, Wireworld, Cardas, Sotm, Audioquest brands are available in my country. Unfortunately, everything is made to order, without the possibility of a demo. Can you recommend some good sounding bnc-bnc cables at a reasonable price?
I'll just point out that I don't want to deal with opto-dx or battery power. I am only concerned with cables available in the EU.

I'm happy with Wireworld BNC's:

I recently got the Wireworld Gold Startlight 8 BNC cables (pure silver conductors) in a trade with someone and I can't really tell a difference between them and the heavy Wave cables I had. There may be a slight difference of course, but I wanted to get away from the heavy ferrites in my setup, so I'm happy.

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #17,074 of 18,493
Somewhere in this thread is a step by step guide on materials needed and how to make your own. If you’re that way inclined.

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #17,075 of 18,493
I went with Kimber, and I am very happy with it.

https://kimber.com/products/D60

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #17,076 of 18,493
Somewhere in this thread is a step by step guide on materials needed and how to make your own. If you’re that way inclined.

If Wave cables hadn't been an option, then that's the way I would have gone, it's the correct solid core ferrites that are important, expensive BNC cables, however well shielded may not offer the benefits of cheaper cables fitted with the correct ferites.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #17,077 of 18,493

Deleted

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #17,078 of 18,493
This thread has been pretty informative
Agreed, I’m super on the fence. Might try the HQ player I’ve read about if that does something similar? Not sure lol

Apr 4, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #17,084 of 18,493
I don't understand. So through this Roon integration, HQPlayer can work real-time on streamed hi-res files?
Yep, I can play 24/192 from Qobuz through Roon and HQPlayer with no problem. I‘m using a MacMini M1 for Roon Core and HQPlayer and playback and it is not remotely stressed. There are free trials of Roon, Qobuz, Tidal and HQPlayer so really easy to give it a shot. There is perhaps a slightly longer delay between pressing play and hearing music with HQP than without it, but that depends on the settings you choose.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #17,085 of 18,493
I don't understand. So through this Roon integration, HQPlayer can work real-time on streamed hi-res files?
It also has built in real time Qobuz support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back