Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 16, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #13,923 of 18,576
A few days ago I got M Scaler. I have to say it's the most impressive update of all the things I've tried to date. I'm afraid of what I'm listening to !! What a gratification.

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #13,924 of 18,576
A few days ago I got M Scaler. I have to say it's the most impressive update of all the things I've tried to date. I'm afraid of what I'm listening to !! What a gratification.
I know! I got mine the other week to go with DAVE, and it IS so good it's scary!!! You're not so much listening to music as you are participating in it!

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #13,925 of 18,576
I just tell you that while I listen I keep crying. This has never happened to me before. If they notice my wife or my kids they think he's gone stoned.

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #13,926 of 18,576
Is there a type of music or particular song that it really shines for you? For me i notice it on classical or most acoustic not so much on EDM.

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #13,927 of 18,576
I just tell you that while I listen I keep crying. This has never happened to me before. If they notice my wife or my kids they think he's gone stoned.
Hah! And I only listen to music when I'm buzzed - I've got a dispensary around the corner!

But yes, that kind of musical presentation can have a very emotional effect; it's a very different experience. On some recordings, I've actually laughed out loud just at what the music was doing - that kind of sound is just crazy! What do you listen to it on?

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #13,928 of 18,576
Is there a type of music or particular song that it really shines for you? For me i notice it on classical or most acoustic not so much on EDM.

The difference on edm is extremely small. On real music like piano, guitar etc it shines though

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #13,929 of 18,576
For me, it the genre doesn't matter that much, though I listen to various types of rock, pop, and reggae mostly - it's more how the music is produced, mixed, mastered, whatever. I've got some CD's that sounded like crap when they first came out in the 1980's, but when I got the remasters, it was like listening to something different altogether with crazy amazing sound. The Midnight Oil catalog comes immediately to mind...

Jul 16, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #13,930 of 18,576
in these periods I am listening to Italian pop music from the 60s. But my favorite genres are also electronic and instrumental.

Jul 17, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #13,931 of 18,576
I just got my M-Scaler to go with my TT2 and man, I am enjoying! The spaciousness and detail is immediately noticeable. In fairness, the difference is small on some recordings but massive in others - particularly acoustic instruments. I was so apprehensive about this purchase (would I really hear the difference?), but so happy I got it.

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #13,932 of 18,576
Hi guys,
does anybody know why this led is still on even after m scaler went to stand by mode?

I Bought switches to cut the power when i’m not using my gear, it’s not a different psu, it’s just a switch and I find them uber handy, however, you will need to find an adaptor so it will fit in to TT2, which just so happens to be in the box of a MAXOAK K2 battery.

Me, I just use the chord supplied smps, as I’m terrified anything happens to my setup, as my warranty is just a kick in the arse away from me.

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #13,933 of 18,576
I just got my M-Scaler to go with my TT2 and man, I am enjoying! The spaciousness and detail is immediately noticeable. In fairness, the difference is small on some recordings but massive in others - particularly acoustic instruments. I was so apprehensive about this purchase (would I really hear the difference?), but so happy I got it.
I think it's a lot to do with how the producer has presented the music, no matter the genre. Some have that massive spaciousness and detail and 3D going on, and some are much more compressed. But yes, acoustic instruments including percussion do sound pretty awesome through that...

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #13,934 of 18,576
I Bought switches to cut the power when i’m not using my gear, it’s not a different psu, it’s just a switch and I find them uber handy, however, you will need to find an adaptor so it will fit in to TT2, which just so happens to be in the box of a MAXOAK K2 battery.

Me, I just use the chord supplied smps, as I’m terrified anything happens to my setup, as my warranty is just a kick in the arse away from me.
I find that those LED lights will go on and off of their own accord. No idea what wizardry is going on within.... Not a bother for me, though.

Jul 17, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #13,935 of 18,576
I find that those LED lights will go on and off of their own accord. No idea what wizardry is going on within.... Not a bother for me, though.

one of the lights are always turned on.

these are what I bought

Kiss me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back