Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 7, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #13,876 of 18,560
FA6513B5-705B-4FE7-884E-AC4DA4F3F5EC.jpeg

just received my m-scaler. Perfect fit with the Bakoon 13r. I’m guessing someone is going to tell me that stacking is a no-no?
wow, same amp combo as I have.....

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #13,877 of 18,560
Not at all, it looks good! As long as there's sufficient air flow you should be okay.
stacking the formula s and powerman is fine they were meant to be stacked...I would not however place anything directly on top of the bakoon as it gets quite hot an..

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #13,878 of 18,560
Learn something new everyday. I will split them up.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #13,881 of 18,560
I wouldn’t worry about stacking the TT2 and mscaler they are designed to be stacked - remember some people on here have real OCD and spend hundreds on vibration damping feet because it sounds better which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Having said that I would not stack on top of the amp for reasons already stated.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #13,882 of 18,560
I wouldn’t worry about stacking the TT2 and mscaler they are designed to be stacked - remember some people on here have real OCD and spend hundreds on vibration damping feet because it sounds better which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Having said that I would not stack on top of the amp for reasons already stated.
There is no need to spend hundreds on isolation feet. I purchased an ISO Acoustics eight pack on sale for $79 from Amazon (normally $99). I did it for air circulation purposes and to mitigate vibration.

https://www.amazon.com/IsoAcoustics...8aa21&pd_rd_wg=lMoUM&pd_rd_i=B07V25PWQL&psc=1

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #13,883 of 18,560
Anything that contains a clock chip isn’t immune to vibration, debatable that it could be audible but that depends on the individual, for some, music makes an emotional connection and if it somehow enhances that for them I wouldn’t be so presumptuous to ridicule them.
Sure there are some crazy expensive isolators out there but a lot of budget alternatives too.

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #13,884 of 18,560

just received my m-scaler. Perfect fit with the Bakoon 13r. I’m guessing someone is going to tell me that stacking is a no-no?
Love the pic. Really nice gear. I have most of the same :L3000:

Are you considering DAVE as well as I see you have a holo may KTE incoming? I'm in the same situation currently

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #13,885 of 18,560
Love the pic. Really nice gear. I have most of the same :L3000:

Are you considering DAVE as well as I see you have a holo may KTE incoming? I'm in the same situation currently
To be honest, I don’t know. It feels like I’ve got a ton of gear already. I want to hear the May first and see where that takes me. I’d like to get a warmer sounding amp next. Maybe a wu33 but if I get it then I get into the EE version plus JPS plus other tubes….feels like it’s too much. The Bartok crossed my mind to, but it probably can’t play the Susvara well. I just ordered the Final D8000 pro, it should have been here today but no word from anyone about status.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #13,886 of 18,560
Jul 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #13,887 of 18,560
remember some people on here have real OCD and spend hundreds on vibration damping feet because it sounds better which is quite frankly ridiculous.
It might surprise you to learn that an opinion which differs from yours is not automatically ridiculous...

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #13,888 of 18,560
To be honest, I don’t know. It feels like I’ve got a ton of gear already. I want to hear the May first and see where that takes me. I’d like to get a warmer sounding amp next. Maybe a wu33 but if I get it then I get into the EE version plus JPS plus other tubes….feels like it’s too much. The Bartok crossed my mind to, but it probably can’t play the Susvara well. I just ordered the Final D8000 pro, it should have been here today but no word from anyone about status.
I believe that @mammal possibly would be able to provide an impression, within several days, for that sound performance for those Susvaras, with utilising that amplifier from that Bartók, in comparison to that sound performance for those Susvaras, with utilising a separate amplifier, that would be able to provide more power, together with that Bartók.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #13,889 of 18,560
Hi all,

Cleareraudio Silver-line Optimus Reference 75 Digital Interconnect 2x in classifieds section :wink:

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #13,890 of 18,560
I cannot judge (yet) how Susvara will sound on Viva Egoista 845 as it is stuck at customs (I hoped to receive it today, will most likely be next week). BUT, this being said, Susvara sounds fantastic on Bartok already. The soundstage is smaller that of AB-1266, the bass quality is VERY good (inner detail and layering), but it the quantity is not as much as AB-1266. As you can see, these aspects could be because of AB-1266 vs Susvara fundemental differences, OR the fact that I am underpowering Susvara. Mind you, Bartok outputs 2.8 W into 66 Ohm as long as driven off its XLR outs. Not even close to what Viva puts out (or some other amps for that matter), but decent in my personal opinion (at least I am not lusting for anything more with AB-1266 than Bartok can already provide, for which I had before Hugo TT2 rear XLR outs with a special adapter made, which should output like 6-7W into AB-1266, and it did not sound “more powerful” or “bigger soundstage” than Bartok, actually quite opposite). I will update you once I get Viva, of how much difference I hear from Bartok and Viva when using Susvara.

I believe that @mammal possibly would be able to provide an impression, within several days, for that sound performance for those Susvaras, with utilising that amplifier from that Bartók, in comparison to that sound performance for those Susvaras, with utilising a separate amplifier, that would be able to provide more power, together with that Bartók.
Thanks for mentioning me!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back