Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #3,751 of 18,495
My problem started when I bought a new laptop with Mojave’s installed. No matter what I tried I kept having cut outs. I went back to high Sierra and had no cut outs again. I ultimately bought a roon nucleus and haven’t had 1 cut out since
I suspect in your case it was not MacOS 10.14 itself that was causing the problem and an unrelated issue was fixed when you downgraded to 10.13. I have MacOS 10.4 installed on several machines that I use with the DAVE and Blu Mk II it is not an issue that is summarily caused by MacOS. You probably can identify the cause by looking at the logs.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #3,752 of 18,495
I think you are wrong. I used the Dave/blu2 for 18 months without ever a cut out. I got a new laptop and suddenly it started happening. It didn’t happen when i went back to my old laptop and it has never happened with the roon nucleus and when I was at the audio show in nyc recently several people told me Mojave’s has issues with noise that causes problems. At least this is my story

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #3,756 of 18,495
While we’re on Qobuz, the US launch is now “early 2019”.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide....-service-qobuz-to-launch-in-us-in-early-2019/

That article mentions it is being trialled in the US - I wonder whether it would be worth any of you guys who live in the States asking for a trial licence?
@Peter Hyatt mentioned one on the Poly thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-752#post-14616122.
[edited to add link]

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #3,757 of 18,495
Considering adding a roon but I basically only need to integrate it with tidal and not my music library. Is it possible to do this on an iPad only app or do you need to run it off a computer or server. Also can you use the iPad app when traveling or only in your house? Looked for a dedicated official tidal or roon thread but couldn’t find them. Thanks

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #3,759 of 18,495
Considering adding a roon but I basically only need to integrate it with tidal and not my music library. Is it possible to do this on an iPad only app or do you need to run it off a computer or server. Also can you use the iPad app when traveling or only in your house? Looked for a dedicated official tidal or roon thread but couldn’t find them. Thanks
Why don’t you just use the tidal app rather than roon?

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #3,760 of 18,495

You can usually use an iPad app to stream to your iPad when travelling, but generally not for music stored on your home network unless you make the files accessible from other locations, which is generally not a good idea.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #3,761 of 18,495
Trying out optical to m Scaler but Roon sends output through os mixer & changes the sample rate in Win 10. Is there a way to bypass the os mixer?[/QUOTE
If you use the Tidal app, you can use the iPad and download for offline listening. With Roon I do not think it's possible to offline files, anyway I've not found a way to do it. You would also need a Roon Core as well as an iPad as Roon Core will not run on an iPad.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #3,762 of 18,495
If you use the Tidal app, you can use the iPad and download for offline listening. With Roon I do not think it's possible to offline files, anyway I've not found a way to do it. You would also need a Roon Core as well as an iPad as Roon Core will not run on an iPad.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #3,764 of 18,495
When playing a 44.1KHz file into M Scaler and using the S/PDIF Single Coaxial BNC output on M Scaler not the Dual BNC outputs and connect the single S/PDIF output to non Chord Dac i can only upscale as far as the blue light the white light i get no sound.
However if i play a 48KHz file or higher into M Scaler and do the same link to non Chord Dac i can upscale as high as the white light.
Little confused as to why at 44.1KHz in to Scaler it will only allow as high as blue setting?
Problem solved it was the source being used to play the file into M Scaler after switching back to my Aries Femto no issues.

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #3,765 of 18,495
How is quboz vs tidal. Is the us beta buggy? How do I get one? Thanks

A. Great. I had dropped Tidal. The sound quality & volume of choice are both terrific.

B. No. Great user interface. Seamless and easy for non tech like himself to navigate.

C. I don’t know. It was hit or miss but shouldn’t be much longer for US rollout.

Qobuz updates show it’s a huge undertaking and it appears as if it’s going to happen soon.

I’m using H2 plus my wife’s Poly on walks. The offline content works nicely. W Sublime you can purchase downloads at steep discount.

I intend to purchase the annual subscription for hi res.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back