Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 20, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #811 of 18,496
Anybody on this thread have the Ip Man soundtrack by Kenji Kawai?

Aug 21, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #812 of 18,496
Hi Robert.

Do you have any idea when TT2 and the MScaler will hit the stores ?

The excitement of waiting for an early xmas gift is playing havoc with my ibs. 6 ply toilet roll with built in lotion, it isn’t as soft and soothing as the advert makes it out to be.

I still prefer using the puppy instead.

I can't answer for Chord - but as far as I know things are currently ok and on schedule.

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #813 of 18,496
I can't answer for Chord - but as far as I know things are currently ok and on schedule.
Be cool If chord made a wee statement regarding what you get think the date range is, from sept 30 etc.
Not sure it helps as each dealer may not have receive their preordered amount...
Could chord say this.... that their first production run is larger than the number of units that have been pre-ordered, if not, when would the second run release date be - before Xmas or something ?
What you think @Mojo ideas - natives are getting restless :)

Aug 21, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #814 of 18,496
Be cool If chord made a wee statement regarding what you get think the date range is, from sept 30 etc.
Not sure it helps as each dealer may not have receive their preordered amount...
Could chord say this.... that their first production run is larger than the number of units that have been pre-ordered, if not, when would the second run release date be - before Xmas or something ?
What you think @Mojo ideas - natives are getting restless :)
Once being produced, production of any particular unit will be more or less continuous, though this is depending on our suppliers. Currently many of our major metal work and assembly suppliers are in the middle of their vacations. As am I So production can only really get back into full swing in September. At this time all I know is MScaler, Hugo TT 2, an Etude are all entering production smoothly and all will be available in the autumn.

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #815 of 18,496
I use Poweradd pilot pro 2, set to 12V OP. I wouldn't bother with batteries for TT2 - unless you want to run it in the garden say - the supplied PSU works with no SQ change with it plugged out (you get 10 seconds disconnected to listen).

Most of my listening is with my mobile, and I have not heard a change with airplane mode on or off.

Hi Rob which mobile do you use, Android or Apple?
Which software player do you use?
Which USB cable and if Android, which OTG?
Thanks
Analog

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #816 of 18,496
Hi Rob which mobile do you use, Android or Apple?
Which software player do you use?
Which USB cable and if Android, which OTG?
Thanks
Analog

Android - a Motorola phone, which always works for USB audio.
Onkyo HF player, JRiver for Win10.
For use with the Hugo M scaler, I use a 3 in 1 adaptor by Kimilar 3 in 1 USB host OTG cable.
Otherwise I use:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076HGJGPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is neat as it's coiled and has been very reliable - it never interrupts when you bang the plugs.
USB cables are just generic but certified for high speed.

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #819 of 18,496
Does anyone use over ear headphones while driving?

I always thought that seemed unsafe and might even count as driving without 'due care and attention'. It could get problematical to say the least if there was an accident.

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #820 of 18,496
It's illegal so far as if....if you're in an accident it will be taken into serious consideration...:headphones::triangular_flag_on_post:But wearing a headphone whilst driving strangely enough is not breaking the law.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #821 of 18,496
I always thought that seemed unsafe and might even count as driving without 'due care and attention'. It could get problematical to say the least if there was an accident.
I ask because I've spoke to the police, a couple of inspectors and it's not illegal to use headphones while driving, unless they can directly relate using the headphones with the crash then it's perfectly fine to be wearing them

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #822 of 18,496
A couple of inspectors Paul....................ello, ’ello, ’ello and what do we have here..

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #823 of 18,496
I ask because I've spoke to the police, a couple of inspectors and it's not illegal to use headphones while driving, unless they can directly relate using the headphones with the crash then it's perfectly fine to be wearing them

Technically that is correct. Just in the same way that technically that is correct that it is not illegal to eat and drive at the same time. However, if you present a significant danger while snacking on the move, the police can and do prosecute for careless driving if they consider you not in proper control of the vehicle. I would say to be careful. Being cut off from the sounds around could present a danger.

YMMV is even more applicable to this one! I wouldn't do it though.

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #824 of 18,496
I have a solution. Two portable batteries, one mscaler and one TT2 on the back seat strapped in. lol.+mini speakers.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #825 of 18,496
Technically that is correct. Just in the same way that technically that is correct that it is not illegal to eat and drive at the same time. However, if you present a significant danger while snacking on the move, the police can and do prosecute for careless driving if they consider you not in proper control of the vehicle. I would say to be careful. Being cut off from the sounds around could present a danger.

YMMV is even more applicable to this one! I wouldn't do it though.
When we in car and you have the stereo on loud aren't we cut off from the world as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back