Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 30, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #5,371 of 18,483
Since it works with one software and not the other it's likely a compatibility/communication issue in the software. That's why DoP is awesome for DSD... no drivers. The drawback is the overhead for the DoP container, which some computers struggle with. Also, with Chord's drivers they re-send faulty packets so there's that as well.

It's a matter of what works best in your OS/software environment, but either way you are getting the exact same DSD.

FWIW these reasons, and others, are why I personally don't like DSD.

I will switch it on over to dop, it’s not that I have much dsd files to start with, they are all test files and a couple of songs that are repeated from dsd 64, 128 and 256. 3 different versions of the same song and I can’t tell the difference, but my test could of been biased, as I have an inbuilt dislike to classical music.

I think dsd is something like mqa, not needed, now I come to think of it, I think I might know what happened with Roon. I’m browsing through those dsd files and some are What big, nearly 3 gig for a single track. I think it was playing the smaller non wav ones ok but once it came to play those large ones, I think it made roon schiit.

I bet ya thats the case.

Cheers to both you and mixx

Jan 30, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #5,372 of 18,483
Don't let Christer find out you have an inbuilt dislike for classical music otherwise he'll be on the first plane out of the Malaysian jungle hunting you down!!:bow_and_arrow:

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #5,373 of 18,483
Don't let Christer find out you have an inbuilt dislike for classical music otherwise he'll be on the first plane out of the Malaysian jungle hunting you down!!:bow_and_arrow:

It’s ok, I’m protected.

I have the tango devil protecing me.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #5,374 of 18,483
(That's going back. i remember the tango slaphead.....lol)

checkout the koln concert by keith jarrett. the top selling solo album in jazz history and best ever selling piano album of all time. live performed 1975. sublime.

220px-Keith_Jarrett_Koln_Concert_Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #5,375 of 18,483
(That's going back. i remember the tango slaphead.....lol)

checkout the koln concert by keith jarrett. the top selling solo album in jazz history and best ever selling piano album of all time. live.

220px-Keith_Jarrett_Koln_Concert_Cover.jpg

Yeah, the tango advert, it was all over the news for starting the slapping craze in schools across the UK, so tango made a second one where instead of slapping him, he gets kissed instead.

Although I was left school by the 90s, I do remember getting a few slaps in the face from mates and my brothers.

I will try that album and see how it goes. :)

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #5,377 of 18,483
Zenith Mk3 finally arrived this week, so far so good feeding HMS via USB... also got an email today for US Qobuz beta.. :)

Would like to see pics of your DAVE with the Hugo M Scaler.

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #5,379 of 18,483
Drooling but yet satisfied. Yes the kitchen Reno .........

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #5,382 of 18,483
what can something like the zenith mk3 offer me that an imac with a 512gb ssd with optical out into hms can't?

btw many congratulations koven looking excellent.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #5,383 of 18,483
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #5,384 of 18,483
love how this set-up looks! still waiting for my Zenith mk3.

I look forward to reading your impressions when it arrives!

what can something like the zenith mk3 offer me that an imac with a 512gb ssd with optical out into hms can't?

A bigger dent to your wallet.. :p

Well prior to Zenith, I used a laptop Roon server + Aries streamer + UpTone LPS... my main intention was to consolidate three units into one. Triple linear PSU drew me towards Innuos too.. I felt the UpTone LPS transformed my Aries so I believe good LPS is meaningful. Lastly Innuos plush features attracted me as well.. SSD storage, CD slot, Roon, Qobuz/Tidal, etc. Last but not least the Innuos sounds fantastic, I do not miss my previous chain at all.

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #5,385 of 18,483
practicality not just SQ. i understand now. great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back