http://www.headphile.com/page7.html
Dec 1, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note to Larry: There's only 30 days in November.
icon10.gif

You didn't hear? All months have been changed to 31 days!!! At least when you type at 4 am
icon10.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 47
I gave in ~ #15 is mine!

Dec 1, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gave in ~ #15 is mine!

lucky! those things look amazing.

Dec 1, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had to tell someone! Just paid for these, HHF-1:

It was hard enough constantly checking to see if (SOON...) was up yet, but now I have to wait for them to get here! Going to be tough.

Anyway, can't wait.

So you're the one! I've been watching for that one to go on sale and frequently checking the deals page. Last checked last night before bed at around 12:30 a.m. and didn't get around to checking again until this afternoon and they were held already!

I never even got to catch the asking price. Anyway, I am another big fan of Larry's work and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them. I personally think those are some of the coolest looking HHF-1s I've seen yet...even have the red lettering on the L and R
cool.gif

I hope you enjoy them and if by some crazy chance you don't, I'll take them off your hands!

Dec 1, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ap3rtis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lucky! those things look amazing.

Thanks ~ now just added to Team Waiting!!

Dec 1, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 47
Quote:

I gave in ~ #15 is mine!

Quote:

Had to tell someone! Just paid for these, HHF-1:

It was hard enough constantly checking to see if (SOON...) was up yet, but now I have to wait for them to get here! Going to be tough.

Anyway, can't wait.

Congrats to both of you!

Those HHF-1s are the nicest pair I've set my eyes on. The two tone colour and red lettering is stunning to say the least.

I also love the look of those burl/bloodwood Darth Beyers.

Excellent choices!

I wonder how the figured zebra and snakewood will turn out
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #24 of 47
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I am really excited about these, printed photos and showed my friends and work colleagues a week ago.
biggrin.gif
I have been waiting for a set of cans in this league for months and months, really before I bought my DT-880 (first good cans) but wanted to research it a lot first.

Came close to buying Darth's a few times but the wait put me off and none came up for sale that I loved the look of. Fell in love with these the instant I saw the description and the photos sealed the deal instantly.

I tried to work out the likely price and was close, a bit under, but there is loads of custom work in these I guess and there were certainly more expensive cans on my list of possibles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You didn't hear? All months have been changed to 31 days!!! At least when you type at 4 am
icon10.gif

Thanks for the truly awesome 'phones and quick response Larry, as they say, you really are the man!

Quote:

I gave in ~ #15 is mine!

Congrats dude, I was VERY close to changing my pre-written email to Larry to those. Extremely tempting. Maybe one day in future we could do a temporary swap? Mine were a couple hundred more and 2 days ago I got a decent bonus at work so I went all out. Those Darths are going to sound awesome too, I know it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOOOOO I was hoping this would be on the down-low so that i can snag the snakewood or the figured zebra

Can i have the figured zebra? pretty please?
frown.gif

Ha HA HA! I was freaking out that there would be a thread here about the HHF-1 and everyone would be all over it and beat me to them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're the one! I've been watching for that one to go on sale and frequently checking the deals page. Last checked last night before bed at around 12:30 a.m. and didn't get around to checking again until this afternoon and they were held already!

I never even got to catch the asking price. Anyway, I am another big fan of Larry's work and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them. I personally think those are some of the coolest looking HHF-1s I've seen yet...even have the red lettering on the L and R
cool.gif

I hope you enjoy them and if by some crazy chance you don't, I'll take them off your hands!

I swear to god, I refreshed that page well over 1000 times, I think close to 1300. I admit it was quite an obsession, I do have a tenacious personality though! Haven't plept much lately, last check would be at 2am then sleep, then again at 6. Thats the longest time I went without checking, usually every 5 - 10 mins. So at least you know they didn't go to someone who just stumbled across them for sale!

I think they are the best looking 'phones I've ever seen, I love Ebony and Bloodwood, they are 2 I would have chosen between for Darth's. Probably Bloodwood first.

I feel like a lottery winner in a way! If I didn't get them, I would have gone for the Deal 15 Darth's which I also really like. If I didn't get those, I would have bought some Darth's used, or ordered some.

I doubt that I will ever sell but of course you never know for sure...
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #26 of 47
I think I might be the only one here who doesn't like them. Too much going on for me, I prefer simple and clean. Those snakewood Darth Elites look awesome though! And the SR200s sound promising too!

Congrats though, these are probably the most extensively modified HF-1s to ever come out of Larry's lair yet.
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I might be the only one here who doesn't like them. Too much going on for me, I prefer simple and clean. Those snakewood Darth Elites look awesome though! And the SR200s sound promising too!

Congrats though, these are probably the most extensively modified HF-1s to ever come out of Larry's lair yet.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I love them partly because they are so unique. Makes them a good investment too I suppose!

Funny but I don't like the snakewood look, the pattern seems to busy for me! Everyone has different tastes and it's good that Larry caters for everyone.

Dec 1, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #28 of 47
Congrats - You are one very lucky man; Larry makes some darn good stuff, buy it and "fugit about it", no worries. Team Zebra Darth as of right now. Product arrived in less that 10 days, and based on where I reside, that's fast folks.

I wish that I wasn't scourned on the sound of Grado's otherwise you would have been one unhappy camper!
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Congrats dude, I was VERY close to changing my pre-written email to Larry to those. Extremely tempting. Maybe one day in future we could do a temporary swap? Mine were a couple hundred more and 2 days ago I got a decent bonus at work so I went all out. Those Darths are going to sound awesome too, I know it.

I'm excited too - can't wait to have them in my hands!! And I agree about how quicly Larry always responds! He's great to deal with!
A temporary swap might be in order when we both are through celbrating! I had some HF1s & sold them a while back. I'd like to hear some HHF1's some day! Those certainly are the prettiest ones I've ever seen!

Congrats!

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #30 of 47
The Darth's are at home on my head now!! They are beautiful in person - every bit as nice as in the pictures! And I've NEVER heard bass like this before! Can't say much more about the sound till I've had a chance to listen more & get over this ugly head cold I've got right now. But I had to post my excitement at having them in my hands now!!

Have you got the HHF1's yet stevenkelby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back