Htc One
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #466 of 533
Tried my friend's HTC one with my Fostex TH-900s. Best phone yet for driving them that I've experienced. Stupidly powerful bass response with Beats Audio EQ on and is both louder and fuller in tone than other android phones I've tried such as the Note 2 and Galaxy S3 and S4. Really doesn't sound too far off from my desktop set up, apart from the treble being rougher. However my 300 ohm Sennheiser phones sound as lifeless as on any other phone, the HD800 in particular having low volume and impact. Also the included earphones are surprisingly good, they actually have a decent timbre which is rare as rocking horse-**** for a bundled IEM.

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #468 of 533
This is my first post on headfi and I've got to agree with you on the bundled iem for HTC one that it is really a good sounding iem. I've tried it on my colorfly c4 and it is the best by far iem that I've tried on it.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #469 of 533
This is my first post on headfi and I've got to agree with you on the bundled iem for HTC one that it is really a good sounding iem. I've tried it on my colorfly c4 and it is the best by far iem that I've tried on it.

I've been trying to get the word out months ago and people seem to ignore it... you can even buy them separately really cheap. From memory,  I reckon they sound more enjoyable compared to the Sony MH1c and Philips SHE3580.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #470 of 533

I've been trying to get the word out months ago and people seem to ignore it... you can even buy them separately really cheap. From memory,  I reckon they sound more enjoyable compared to the Sony MH1c and Philips SHE3580.

+1

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #471 of 533
For those serious about audio, id highly suggest you look into flashing the viperfx audio mod.

It has more features than i know what to do with, transformed my FXZ200's making them more open with a bit more sparkle, tamed the bass to my liking as well.

The mod comes as an option on the insert coin rom, so makes life a bit easier.

Either way it's breathed new life into my htc one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2279766

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #472 of 533
Hi guys,

I'm using my HTC One with Custom ROM MaximusHD 13.0 + PureXAudio. Beats off with my Sony MDR-1RBT's listening to 320's on spotify and via PA and the sound is amazing!!!

Just wondering can it get any better? Is it worth getting a Fiio E12 too?

Thoughts?

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #473 of 533
For those serious about audio, id highly suggest you look into flashing the viperfx audio mod.

It has more features than i know what to do with, transformed my FXZ200's making them more open with a bit more sparkle, tamed the bass to my liking as well.

Better then PureXAudio Mod?

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #474 of 533

Wow this changes everything :) what sort of setup are you using on this mod?

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #476 of 533
The HTC One is by far and away the best smartphone for sound. Apparently has a wolfson dac just like the Galaxy S4. But the HTC has an external amp as well so the punch is amazing.My Girlfriend has a Galaxy S4 and I have made direct comparisons. I installed Jet audio and loaded my flac files which I ripped from cd myself using eac(exact audio copy) also included a few dowloads including 24 bit 88 khz tracks. I used music volume eq available on the play store /disabled beats audio and I can tell you with a pair of Momentum on ears it sounds very impressive indeed. For what it is I dont think it can be beaten. More than enough bass and quite smooth however saying all that a Fiio X3 destroys it for detail so stop messing around and buy yourself one my god they are cheap for what they are

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #477 of 533
Better then PureXAudio Mod?

For me most certainly, i had purex when i flashed arhd and whilst it gave an improvement viperfx totally changed things for me.

Bit fiddly, but that's only because you can change so much on it.

As for setup, just the phone and whatever phones i fancy usually my FXD80's

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #478 of 533
I have some hissing noise in the background unfortunately (analogue jack).

I would use USB audio out but then I just decided to go and buy an MP3 player anyway. Using Fiio E12 Mont Blanc, Shure SE535 Limited Edition.

Hissing noise was also with Shure SE215s.

But the sound is absolutely incredible from a phone imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back