Htc One
Feb 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #512 of 533
I dug out my ancient Etymotic er6i iem's to try with the One. They sound absolutely fantastic with Beats on. Finally I have found a source that suits them. I think the beats circuitry lifts them, hey if it works!

I have tried these iem's with a Creative Zen, iPod 5g, iPhone 3GS, iPod shuffle, iPod nano and iPhone 4S and none of them came close, they sound fantastic. With the other sources they were always harsh in the highs, very forward in the mids and extremely bass light. Now the balance is spot on with great separation and imaging, the highs and mids are still forward but listenable and the bass is much more extended.

I have also used Sony XBA-2ip, V-Moda M-100 with the One and though both are good, neither has the transparency of the 6i. I wonder how the newer Etys would work, as one has headset functionality.

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #513 of 533
I dug out my ancient Etymotic er6i iem's to try with the One. They sound absolutely fantastic with Beats on. Finally I have found a source that suits them. I think the beats circuitry lifts them, hey if it works!

I have tried these iem's with a Creative Zen, iPod 5g, iPhone 3GS, iPod shuffle, iPod nano and iPhone 4S and none of them came close, they sound fantastic. With the other sources they were always harsh in the highs, very forward in the mids and extremely bass light. Now the balance is spot on with great separation and imaging, the highs and mids are still forward but listenable and the bass is much more extended.

I have also used Sony XBA-2ip, V-Moda M-100 with the One and though both are good, neither has the transparency of the 6i. I wonder how the newer Etys would work, as one has headset functionality.

good hear overall the beats circuit kills the treble and blows up the bass. exactly what the etymotics need 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #514 of 533
Hey guys,

I'm currently using the headphones that came with the phone. I find that they're pretty decent, but are there any  upgrades? I know the yamaha eph-100 gets mentioned a few times in this thread. What about the xiaomi pistons? 

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #515 of 533
Hey guys,

I'm currently using the headphones that came with the phone. I find that they're pretty decent, but are there any  upgrades? I know the yamaha eph-100 gets mentioned a few times in this thread. What about the xiaomi pistons? 

The Piston's are a great match with the One. Other's with mic and good match are Fidelio S2, AKG k323xs and Monster Graditudes. Depends on where you live what you like and how much you're willing to spend.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #516 of 533
The Piston's are a great match with the One. Other's with mic and good match are Fidelio S2, AKG k323xs and Monster Graditudes. Depends on where you live what you like and how much you're willing to spend.

The AKG ones look good, and relatively cheap! Any other recommendations over stock iem upgrades that pair well with the One?

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #520 of 533
It also work with USB Audio Player Pro. I really like that player a lot.

Thanks I'll be sure to check it out!

It worked when I used neutron player. Poweramp and stock apps did not send audio through usb out although

It use to work with poweramp before...do you have any idea if it's because of the app update or the latest firmware update? I know of Neutron but I just like everything about poweramp so much I haven't been able to try out a different player.

May 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #522 of 533

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #523 of 533
  For those serious about audio, id highly suggest you look into flashing the viperfx audio mod.

It has more features than i know what to do with, transformed my FXZ200's making them more open with a bit more sparkle, tamed the bass to my liking as well.

The mod comes as an option on the insert coin rom, so makes life a bit easier.

Either way it's breathed new life into my htc one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2279766

Great tip and I thank you. I installed Viperfx and it is a great mod! I use it with the clarity setting on 6 and it brings my new Beyer DT1350s to life. Also great for boosting the speaker volume.

This app is had become one of my favorite mods ever and makes the HTC One an amazing portable source imo.

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #524 of 533
  Great tip and I thank you. I installed Viperfx and it is a great mod! I use it with the clarity setting on 6 and it brings my new Beyer DT1350s to life. Also great for boosting the speaker volume.

This app is had become one of my favorite mods ever and makes the HTC One an amazing portable source imo.

I've moved on since then.

I'm running the whole viper rom and loving it even more.
You get a full eq and quite a few other tweaks to play with along with sense 6.

But obviously if you're happy i too would be wary about changing things.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #525 of 533
I have been running multitudes of tests between the stock headphones of HTC One, a pair of Sennheiser MM70s, a pair of Soundmagic E10s and a pair of Philips Fidelio S1s, which are all considered to be excellent earphones by various sources. Here is my verdict:

The SoundMAGIC E10 were hurting my ears due to the very large and sharpely edged metallic housing of the headphones. Other than that, they sounded excellent for such a cheap earphone but the discomfort and lack of headset button meant no go for me.

The S1 would have been the better sounding earphone of the three and have a beautiful design and excellent cable, but are however *open* which means sounds leaking to and from the environment. That is unfortunately unacceptable for me as I really dislike when people around me spam the air with their music and I don't want to be one of them. Also, the strange shallow fit of these headphones meant even less isolation, but however the sound quality did not diminish. Excellent if you use earphones in your apartment or you don't care if you bother anyone.

The MM70s were a sheer disappointment, I couldn't find anything to like about these earphones, neither build quality nor sound quality. I guess the supplied pouch was a nice...

Now, to the stock headphones of the One. These things are AMAZING. For something that costs 5 bucks on the market, these earphones have outstanding sound quality, excellent isolation, a nice tangle-less flat cable, button and mic and a nice design as well. The one problem I see with them is that there is no strain relief on the end of the chord, which might lead to their unfortunate demise. I already had a pair fail on the 6 month mark, but it was promptly replaced by HTC. All and all, I sent all the other three headphones back and decided to stay happy with the stock ones. And I'm a really picky guy!

There is a metallic housing earphone by HTC called the e240 which might be sounding even better. Has anyone tried that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back