Htc One
Apr 5, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #34 of 533
For those that need to know, the Fiio E17 works fine with the HTC One.

Last page somebody asked about the HTC One camera, etc. I've done the most comprehensive review on the HTC One, its up to 9 parts, first impressions, a podcast, camera samples and more . It's on my blog http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/?s=HTC+one&submit=Search

I will be covering the USB functions on Sunday or Monday.

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #35 of 533
Now I have HTC One X and my question is to those, who recently have upgraded from One X.
Besides all other things like screen resolution, battery etc.  - if there is NOTICEABLE upgrade in SQ ?
And exactly what things have been upgraded - DAC chip, amp section or whatever else.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #36 of 533
I haven't, but I do know the qualcomm soc dac is far superior to the tegra 3 in the one x.

Many on xda have said how good the Sq is on th the one compared to the one x.

Why not ask on the forums, plenty on there would be owning both I'd imagine.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #38 of 533
I cannot believe how well Sony 'phones match up with the One (ironic, as the Xperia Z sounds so humdrum!!)

As a result of the MH1 / One pairing, bought the XBA4ip, and couldn't be happier...

Very well done HTC, A screen I don't believe the S4 will challenge, and a sound that is great, even un-amped :)

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #40 of 533
Quote:
I cannot believe how well Sony 'phones match up with the One (ironic, as the Xperia Z sounds so humdrum!!)

As a result of the MH1 / One pairing, bought the XBA4ip, and couldn't be happier...

Very well done HTC, A screen I don't believe the S4 will challenge, and a sound that is great, even un-amped :)

-> Pre-ordered the HTC One instantly after reading your post, dear sir.

As yourself, I've been looking for a new phone for quite sometime, and simultaneously for a new portable source for my Sony XBA-4ip. Despite their V shaped character I love the comfort, detail and overall sound. I also have a Sennheiser HD 595, I love both these headphones because they deliver great detail but are very comfortable.
I've tested the xba's on: Sony PSP 1001, Sony Walkman X 1060, Sony Walkman Z, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - and, after stumbling on your Discman retrospective - my "old" Sony Discman D-E350. To my ears, the top 3 for me were the Discman (even though it's a newer one, it sounds nicely fat at the bass, has suprising levels of detal while being capped in the treble - perfect for the slightly bright XBA4s), the Walkman Z (its Android 2.3 OS crashes super often but it's a good sounding device with nice soundstage and detailed bass) and the Note 10.1 (the Wolfson DAC delivers decent performance). Oh and I also love the Walkman X for its superwarm bass and outrageously nice faux-marble body.

I was interested in the HTC One the moment it was announced - that design is such a stunner. I've had the chance to check out the Xperia Z (which I also was interested in) and a mock-up One. The Xperia Z was nice - much lighter than I expected, and the screen is lovely. The viewing angle problem is a bit overblown in my opinion, and the Sony UI is very nice indeed. However, when playing media and using the camera the rear of the phone got hot, which I didn't like at all. All the flaps for the waterproofing I also found annoying.
The HTC One on the other hand looked perfect. Not since the iPhone 4 came out have I fondled a store demo for such a long time (the clerk had to semi-discreetly shove me 4 times).

Considering the wonderful SQ, it looks like the HTC One will be a great "go-to" all-in-one device, can't wait until it hits stores here in Belgium mid/late April!

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #41 of 533
Shonen84,

You won't be disappointed!

The only criticism I can throw at the One, which I'm sure someone at XDA will fix at some point very soon, is that the volume steps are quite large...

I've just been listening to binaural recordings on the One, and - no word of a lie, one of the tracks made me jump - the soundstaging with the XBA's is astounding, and this is coming from someone who has more earphones / IEMs than some people have socks...

:D

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #43 of 533
For those with the device who have Dev unlocked and rooted, you could definitely do worse than to install this mod...

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #44 of 533
Lads, does anyone know if the HTC One is able to drive USB DACs such as the Meridian Explorer? (Class 2 USB audio device)

Also, Huxley, have you used Neutron Music Player with the One? I wonder if it provides better sound quality than the stock player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back