Htc One
Mar 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #16 of 533
I'm using PowerAmp, just so that I can play flacs etc with no problem :)

Agree, looking forward to ROM development, currently using OrDroid.. - but must confess after so long in Samsungs clutches, I do prefer TouchWiz to Sense / Nova...

:frowning2:

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #17 of 533
Has anyone been able to compare the One to the iPhone 5 or the Galaxy S3? S4 comparison will have to wait. I've got an iphone 5 now but am going to switch to either the One or S4, not sure which to go for

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #18 of 533
Has anyone been able to compare the One to the iPhone 5 or the Galaxy S3? S4 comparison will have to wait. I've got an iphone 5 now but am going to switch to either the One or S4, not sure which to go for

Not those, but I've had the galaxy nexus and galaxy player.

To my ears the htc produces a fuller yet more neutral sound, with a touch more detail, my only gripe is the volume slider needs more scale, sometimes it's a little too much or not enough.

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #19 of 533
To me, the iPhone 5 has a 'fuller' sound (most would describe it as warm in this context) whereby the One is somewhat colder, more analytical...

As such, it will depend on the style of presentation you like as to which one you will prefer...

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #20 of 533
Indeed, i've owned a 1st gen nano and tney are certainly warm, but I felt it was at a cost of fine detail.

Like you say, it's down to which signature you prefer.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #21 of 533
Huxley, wasn't until reading one of your earlier posts that I realised the stock player could do FLAC etc...

I like that step forward, if only it had options for Replay Gain (and, an EQ, albeit I use mine flat) then it would negate Power Amp completely :)

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #23 of 533
I have found with my HTC One it powers my audio Technica ATH-AD900x cans very well. In fact anything I have plugged in is fine. It goes very loud so watch your hearing. Personally I keep the beats on. If you want to read more about it I am up to part 4 of my review on my blog gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com

Headphones I have used include sennheiser hd558, Bose ae2i as well. And Sony MDR-1r. In fact I spent most of the bam holiday weekend with the ad900x plugged into the One listening to music.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #25 of 533
That's impressive, is there much difference between those fiio amps and the htc?

Good knowing how it stacks up, i don't have any high impedance cans so only had a rough idea of it's output.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #26 of 533
Hmm, i've been contemplating between HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 for a while now. Can't seem to find which one to go for. But this post further leans me towards HTC One, because most of SGS4 shines only in software, S everything, bla bla bla. Anyway, how were the speakers for HTC One? And how did you find the battery life, camera and "heat"(phones tend to heat up during use)? Opinions? Thanks! :)

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #27 of 533
If you want easy access to the battery and/or micro sd card support, get the S4.  Otherwise, the One has the best screen and industrial design in the business.  

Hopefully, AOSP / Cyanogenmod 10.1 support is coming soon.  When it does, hopefully the Jack Norris USB audio patch will work, giving users blissful USB DAC support.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #29 of 533
I m a complete Android newbie.
I'm gonna buy a HTC One, soon.

So my Question is:
What did you do that you were able to use your E7 with the HTC One?
Did you just have to plug it and then it worked?

AND:
Which OTG cable did you use?

Cheers
Joe

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #30 of 533
Quote:
The htc already supports usb audio.

With regards to cyanogen, rumour has it they might not bother with the gs4 due to poor support from samsung.

Very true.  My previous post was ambiguous.  The stock rom does have USB audio support.  And I would expect any Sense based rom to also have it.  But since AOSP doesn't, Cyanogenmod almost certainly won't.  And yes, a surprising number of excellent XDA developers are saying they won't bother with the S4.  Hopefully HTC & LG can fill in as the Android geek manufacturers of choice.  I just wish they would stop wasting their time with rubbish Android skins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back