HTC One vs iPhone vs Samsung/Wolfson
Mar 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Baroninkjet

100+ Head-Fier
Any thoughts on this? The new One will be out in a couple of weeks. My first thought is that nobody has yet pulled truly great sound from Snapdragon SOCs, so why would this one be any different?

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 15
You can read Cnet UK or US comparison of HTC ONE X+ and soundquality been mention pretty good(comparible to iPhone) and they are also mentioned it EQ setting are great(Beats Audio). I personely listened music on ONE X+ and find audio quality with Beat Audio setting on were amazing(through HP jack, crisp clear and very detailed with good punchy bass, wide soundstage and great imaging, instruments separation) and this same apply for upcoming ONE and iam sure it willbe great soundwise.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 15
GSMarena audio review:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-review-912p7.php

They only compare it to other Qualcomm SOC phones. When you ask GSM why they don't compare it to other phones with higher audio specs (iPhone, I9300, Note2, etc.), they delete the post. 
size]

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 15
ive tried out s3, htc, and apple's. and i own an htc for a reason. i just often forget that the main purpose of the device is for telecommunications. not playing music.

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 15
So far I see now real review/test of the US version of HTC One, nor can anyone confirm that the US Version will use the Wolfson DAC instead of the Snapdragon. Can anyone confirm either way?

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #11 of 15
Gsm arena reviews are hopeless, coupled with the fact that they're big samsung fanboys.

The htc is lovely sq wise, certainly holds it's own against wolfson units.

Hopefully now the dev editions are out, details will be more forthcoming.

May 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #14 of 15
I don't know what it is...
I love my s3 wolfson the most.....
yes I have a xperia z, mom has an ip5 and dad has a one but I don't knw........
something just clicks with me and the s3......

May 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #15 of 15
I use I9500 and it powers my Sony MDR EX-1000 really well, it sounds wonderful. It's just that supercurio said that the software is a bit wonky with 48 Khz up sampling instead of 44.1 Khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back