HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Mar 24, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #91 of 501
That black/gold one looks SICK! lol Hopefully they go with that look. 

https://geekreply.com/gadgets/2017/03/23/htc-11-everything-you-need-to-know

Also, I like this. lol But I don't get this new talk of a "mid to late 2017" or a "late 2017" release. FFFFFFFFFFFFF THATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! lol 

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #93 of 501
Early May?!! 
L3000.gif

beerchug.gif
 lol

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #95 of 501
  What do you guys think about this? Will the 835 be efficient enough to suffice with the 3000 mAh battery size used in these new phones? I kinda hope the 11/Ocean's battery is bigger and this prediction is wrong, just to be safe. lol

I have read that 835 has

30 percent increase in area efficiency, meaning the 835 can take up less room inside a phone than previous Qualcomm chips. That could mean slimmer phones, or more space for a bigger battery and so on

Source: https://recombu.com/mobile/article/snapdragon-835-vs-821-vs-820-benchmark-performance

I think it would suffice for me, but then I am not u
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #96 of 501

I have read that 835 has

Source: https://recombu.com/mobile/article/snapdragon-835-vs-821-vs-820-benchmark-performance

I think it would suffice for me, but then I am not u
tongue_smile.gif

Well it either IS or it ISN'T. lol 

I would say the 3000 mAh in my 5.2" HTC 10 is barely sufficient enough. So the idea that a 5.5" HTC 11 with the 835 but also the same battery would be sufficient is a bit hard to swallow. lol 

This part gives me hope though lol: 

You also get up to a 27 percent increase in performance with the Snapdragon 835, or up to 40 percent lower power consumption, depending on a user's priorities. That'll make for blistering games performance, or a longer lasting battery life. 

Forget about space efficiency, I only care about battery life son! lol And 40% sounds nice to me. So I guess there's hope. lol 
L3000.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #97 of 501

Well it either IS or it ISN'T. lol 

I would say the 3000 mAh in my 5.2" HTC 10 is barely sufficient enough. So the idea that a 5.5" HTC 11 with the 835 but also the same battery would be sufficient is a bit hard to swallow. lol 

This part gives me hope though lol: 

You also get up to a 27 percent increase in performance with the Snapdragon 835, or up to 40 percent lower power consumption, depending on a user's priorities. That'll make for blistering games performance, or a longer lasting battery life. 

Forget about space efficiency, I only care about battery life son! lol And 40% sounds nice to me. So I guess there's hope. lol 
L3000.gif

will 3000 mah suffice with 835? Not in the slightest bit, at the very most it'll give a 20% improvement over the htc 10 (remember, SoC is NOT the only thing that eats power), but that's ONLY if you do stuff that doesn't require much power at all like maybe standby or reading an ebook. Otherwise the extra performance of the 835 eats up any additional efficiency 

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #98 of 501
  will 3000 mah suffice with 835? Not in the slightest bit, at the very most it'll give a 20% improvement over the htc 10 (remember, SoC is NOT the only thing that eats power), but that's ONLY if you do stuff that doesn't require much power at all like maybe standby or reading an ebook. Otherwise the extra performance of the 835 eats up any additional efficiency 

Ok, so you're saying the added power/increased performance the 835 will eat up most of the extra battery life? Interesting. Makes sense too. It doesn't make me very happy, but it makes sense. LOL 

So then you're also saying that the 40% decrease in power consumption minus the 27% increase in performance means a NET power consumption of 13% (40-27)? Or am I way off base there?? lol 

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #100 of 501

Ok, so you're saying the added power/increased performance the 835 will eat up most of the extra battery life? Interesting. Makes sense too. It doesn't make me very happy, but it makes sense. LOL 

So then you're also saying that the 40% decrease in power consumption minus the 27% increase in performance means a NET power consumption of 13% (40-27)? Or am I way off base there?? lol 

unless you're idling or doing simple tasks, yes. For something that uses more cpu/gpu like heavy usage, gaming, workloads, it's going to use the additional power of the 835 which cuts away the power savings.
No, I'm saying that the cpu/gpu isn't the only thing that eats power, there is the screen, nand, ram, chipset. amp/dac, wifi, bluetooth, modem, etc. So even if you WERE idling, the 35% efficiency doesn't directly equate to 35% more battery life, you take the percentage of the power an SoC eats then you multiply that by the efficiency when idling for a net increase of battery life

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #101 of 501
  unless you're idling or doing simple tasks, yes. For something that uses more cpu/gpu like heavy usage, gaming, workloads, it's going to use the additional power of the 835 which cuts away the power savings.
No, I'm saying that the cpu/gpu isn't the only thing that eats power, there is the screen, nand, ram, chipset. amp/dac, wifi, bluetooth, modem, etc. So even if you WERE idling, the 35% efficiency doesn't directly equate to 35% more battery life, you take the percentage of the power an SoC eats then you multiply that by the efficiency when idling for a net increase of battery life

Ok. That didn't sound complicated AT ALL! lol 

But what I'm getting is the increased battery life will be super minimal at best. So there's STILL an increase! LOL 
L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #103 of 501
Interesting though (probably) somewhat outdated info on the 11. 

Takeaways:

QC 3.0 will be 4.0 for sure. 

Not sure yet on speaker placement. It says stereo, but not sure if that means front-facing stereo or 10 "Hi-Fi BoomSound" set up (vs. "Classic BoomSound")

So there IS a Home button? Hopefully not lol. 

Edge Sense seems to be a real thing! Just hope the "buttonless volume" thing is real with it. 

3000 mAh battery? Enough juice considering it's a 5.5" screen but also on 835?!!

HDR+ sounds good. 

Thoughts?

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #104 of 501
  Interesting though (probably) somewhat outdated info on the 11. 

Takeaways:

QC 3.0 will be 4.0 for sure. 

Not sure yet on speaker placement. It says stereo, but not sure if that means front-facing stereo or 10 "Hi-Fi BoomSound" set up (vs. "Classic BoomSound")

So there IS a Home button? Hopefully not lol. 

Edge Sense seems to be a real thing! Just hope the "buttonless volume" thing is real with it. 

3000 mAh battery? Enough juice considering it's a 5.5" screen but also on 835?!!

HDR+ sounds good. 

Thoughts?

ew, it has the same ticker bar display as the u ultra........ bad news. They could have just done the same approach as samdung and lg to make an 18:9 display essentially works as a USEFUL version of the ticker display. Also I called it that it would still have a front facing home button, I also called it that it would not have 2 front facing speakers..... The design is bland, boring, and ugly, the top/bottom bezels still haven't gone away. 5.5" 16:9 display WITH a ticker display and large bezels makes the phone LARGER than the s8+, it is also likely thicker so again TERRIBLE use of circuit space from htc as I said before, only fitting 3000mah is a complete shame, it reminds me of the lg v10 with a 3000mah battery except the htc's battery isn't even removable so they had more space to implement a big battery. At best, the battery life will be the same as the 10. 
I predict the htc 11 will not be the last phone from htc as this phone does have 1 interesting concept (side bezel gestures), but I also predict this will only keep htc barely alive just like last year and it will not sell well again. They can't do the same schiit with the 12 otherwise they are gone for good

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #105 of 501
  ew, it has the same ticker bar display as the u ultra........ bad news. They could have just done the same approach as samdung and lg to make an 18:9 display essentially works as a USEFUL version of the ticker display. Also I called it that it would still have a front facing home button, I also called it that it would not have 2 front facing speakers..... The design is bland, boring, and ugly, the top/bottom bezels still haven't gone away. 5.5" 16:9 display WITH a ticker display and large bezels makes the phone LARGER than the s8+, it is also likely thicker so again TERRIBLE use of circuit space from htc as I said before, only fitting 3000mah is a complete shame, it reminds me of the lg v10 with a 3000mah battery except the htc's battery isn't even removable so they had more space to implement a big battery. At best, the battery life will be the same as the 10. 
I predict the htc 11 will not be the last phone from htc as this phone does have 1 interesting concept (side bezel gestures), but I also predict this will only keep htc barely alive just like last year and it will not sell well again. They can't do the same schiit with the 12 otherwise they are gone for good

What? Where?! I don't see any pics that show a ticker bar display. Let me know. 

Ok relax lol, the phone's not out yet. Nothing is official, but if they do, they do. lol 

Yeah I'm guess same as 10's battery life too unless they go higher than 3000. 

Yeah the side bezel gestures is awesome! 

We'll see. lol They need to go all the way with the 11 for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back