HTC 10 / Poweramp / Newbie Hifi Admirer
Aug 4, 2017 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Merihpatron

New Head-Fier
Hello, I have been enjoying listening to my music on my HTC10 on Google Play Music for quite some time.
Recently I discovered this great forum on a number of questions I have.
In a summary here is my setup;

Device:Htc 10
Earphones: Original hifi earphones bundled with the original device
Software: Poweramp

Questions
-how sophisticated is the out of box htc earphones?
-Should I buy a new pair? What should I look for in new set of earphones?
-what else do I need to further enhance music listening experience on my htc 10?

I would really appreciate your guidance on above questions
Thank you

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 21
-how sophisticated is the out of box htc earphones?

Not very, they just toss those in so people won't complain that the phone didn't come with anything.

-Should I buy a new pair? What should I look for in new set of earphones?

Only if you're unhappy with the current pair or think you aren't getting the best out of your phone (you probably aren't).

-what else do I need to further enhance music listening experience on my htc 10?

Not much else. If you like the software you're using, then there's not much else you can do beyond a headphone upgrade.

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 21
I checked a few earphone manufacturers like shure, b&o, sennheiser just to have a sense of how much it would cost to pay a decent pair, realistically speaking I can afford to start with say US$300 max
but the biggest question I do not know how to answer is which earphone should I buy?
I do not know what is good and what is very good. though I understand sound is personal yet I feel there are good manufacturers and not so good manufacturers out there
thank you

What would your budget be for new headphones?

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 21
Not very, they just toss those in so people won't complain that the phone didn't come with anything.

Only if you're unhappy with the current pair or think you aren't getting the best out of your phone (you probably aren't).
Current pair of earphones is good but I feel I can enhance my music listening experience through a new pair. Any suggestions?

Not much else. If you like the software you're using, then there's not much else you can do beyond a headphone upgrade.

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 21
I checked a few earphone manufacturers like shure, b&o, sennheiser just to have a sense of how much it would cost to pay a decent pair, realistically speaking I can afford to start with say US$300 max
but the biggest question I do not know how to answer is which earphone should I buy?
I do not know what is good and what is very good. though I understand sound is personal yet I feel there are good manufacturers and not so good manufacturers out there
thank you
What sound signature do you prefer? Bass or top end emphasized? Mids Forward? Neutral and balanced? Don't care?

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 21
Check out the Dunu DN-2000J, Shure SE425, Oriveti New Primacy, and the 1More Quad Driver. Maybe read about those and see what you think. They are all different. All good. The Quad Driver is really good for the money. The others are all also good, but they are more expensive. Check them out and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you.

Aug 5, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #9 of 21
Check out the Dunu DN-2000J, Shure SE425, Oriveti New Primacy, and the 1More Quad Driver. Maybe read about those and see what you think. They are all different. All good. The Quad Driver is really good for the money. The others are all also good, but they are more expensive. Check them out and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you.

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, I will now dig into the wonderful world of earphone shopping

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 21

To be frank with you I am not sure how much difference it will make to buy a new pair. I cannot tell how sophisticated the sq is with out of box htc 10 earphones

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #13 of 21
Last but not least
SE315 or SE425?
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back