HT Omega Claro XT, worth it?
Mar 4, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenneth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's far easier to switch between Hi & Lo impedance HPs with the Essence (software vs jumpers).

wow, I think I would liked the asus better just for this...

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenneth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chill guys, they're just sound cards.

I have both cards, and I think they're both fantastic. In term of analogue outs, I can't detect too much, if any, difference (I'm going to see if I can try different opamps with them). But, if the OP is planning on using the HP out, then the Essence is the better card; it offers a little tighter bass, slightly wider sound stage, and little more refine sounds. In addition, it's far easier to switch between Hi & Lo impedance HPs with the Essence (software vs jumpers).

EDIT: IMO, unless one needs the 7.1 analogue outs on the Claro Halo XT, I think the Essence would be a better purchase for the reasons listed above.

I wasn't trying to argue just offering a different option for the guy looking.
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 22
I'm still stuck on whether or not I should buy the Halo or the Halo XT. I currently have logitech z-5500s which are 5.1 speakers. If i use optical, then it will sound the same since my speakers have a built in dac. However, If I get the XT card, I can use the sound card's dac. But will it be better? Has anyone used the analog out from the XT and can review it's quality?

May 12, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratzilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still stuck on whether or not I should buy the Halo or the Halo XT. I currently have logitech z-5500s which are 5.1 speakers. If i use optical, then it will sound the same since my speakers have a built in dac. However, If I get the XT card, I can use the sound card's dac. But will it be better? Has anyone used the analog out from the XT and can review it's quality?

I would like to know as well. It's time to say goodbye to creative's crap.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #21 of 22
I would like to bump this Thread because I currently own a Z-5500 and custom Home Surround setup and was wondering which card would best suite me? Im currently eyeing the HT Omega Claro Halo XT since it has the 7.1 board and headphone amping support.

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 22
HT Omega Claro XT is awesome for home surround sound setups. The headphone amp isn't great, particularly because its only 3.5mm, but I use my denon avr-988 headphone amp through ext in with the XT, sounds unbelivable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back