HT Omega "Claro Halo" Headphone Only soundcard
Nov 10, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #241 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuciferX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perfect! TI always send me samples!!! How do you compare 2107AP+EARTH vs LT1213+EARTH ?

Can you explain me the connections in red?

You can check in the opamp thread and ask others as there are many around that have been testing opamps for many years.
If you have questions that would be a great place to talk about opamps and post your own findings based on your testing.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #242 of 374
hehe, and that spamming bot keeps sharing its cluelessness..God bless the ignore list my sons
shimay.gif

anyway, yeah...the HD2 is more laid back/distorted and the Claro Halo is clearer/more focused and more "in your face", so it boils down to personal preferences.

the Claro halo "sharpness" is fantastic in movies, giving a livelier sound...my friend bought the XT version for movies, he will be thrilled to use it w/ Reclock in 24Hz
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #243 of 374
You can make an emi shield for the sound card by wrapping a small cardboard box with aluminum foil and then wrap that entirely in tape to insulate it, then ground it to the case.

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #244 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can make an emi shield for the sound card by wrapping a small cardboard box with aluminum foil and then wrap that entirely in tape to insulate it, then ground it to the case.

Yes, IIRC this type of sheilding is called a "faraday Cage" and should prevent any EMI/RFI from interfering with the cards circuitry. Although these types of interference are always factors for audio circuits, some think they are much worse then they actually are.

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #245 of 374
Quote:

How do you compare 2107AP+EARTH vs LT1213+EARTH ?

well, did some more rolling...the LT chips sure are really cool stuff.

LT1124ACN8 has a very clear sound...way too clean by itself, but it gives some coffee to grind to Earth.

SS is amazing, distortion is inaudible, bass is good, vocals are upfront, stereo localization is spot-on...it's like an undistorted LT1364CN8
zombie.gif

LT has so many really nice chips...from my limited sampling, they sound "airier" than BB IME.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #246 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using this card or considering it?

Using

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #248 of 374
majkel says that the LT1028ACN8 and AD797B(available as DIP8 if you search well) are some of the best op-amps for audio: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/aud...-v-2-a-397691/

you can easily put them on the Claro(w/ 2*Earth as final buffers to make them shine even further):

10288.jpg

you'd have to solder them on the adapters, though...or solder some sockets if you have enough room in your case.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #249 of 374
Quote:

Do you hear any artifacts during any resampling?

Not really, but I might not now either way.

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #250 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really, but I might not now either way.

Just doing a bit of a poll. Some seem to make a biug deal out of resmapling yet don't really understand the topic, so I am asking people with certain cards if they hear any negative aspects of resampling. Your answer is basically what others have said also, in that they really hear no difference.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #251 of 374
What about using a RCA splitter + 3.5mm STEREO FEMALE to 2 RCA MALE cable? I want to test my headphones not using the TI amp, but i dont want to lose the front RCA out (connected actually to my front speakers). Quality will be worst?

This

+

This

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #252 of 374
Quote:

What about using a RCA splitter + 3.5mm STEREO FEMALE to 2 RCA MALE cable? I want to test my headphones not using the TI amp, but i dont want to lose the front RCA out (connected actually to my front speakers). Quality will be worst?

This

+

This

The line outs might be of higher quality but I will look over the specs again. Edit, based on the specs the lien out and can out would probably measure pretty mcuh the sound and if they soudn any different that might be due to the coloration of the TI headphone chip. I would just say try them both out and use what sounds the best to you.
The line outs will not provide any amplifications so if your cans need extra power you might want to use something else such as a external amplifier.

Why are you using the adapter you linked to at the top? Are you splitting the signal between two devices?

You should be able to connect the bottom cable to the RCA outputs on that card and then connect up your headphones.

Am I misunderstanding what your trying to do?

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #253 of 374
Quote:

The line outs might be of higher quality but I will look over the specs again.
The line outs will not provide any amplifications so if your cans need extra power you might want to use something else such as a external amplifier.

Why are you using the adapter you linked to at the top? Are you splitting the signal between two devices?

You should be able to connect the bottom cable to the RCA outputs on that card and then connect up your headphones.

Am I misunderstanding what your trying to do?

I dont want to lose my front speakers (actually plugged in RCA Front Output), i dont want to connect/disconnect constantly

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #254 of 374
Quote:

This

+

This

the second one will do the trick(even though it's 75 ohm, that should only be used in video cables)...a friend of mine is using it on his STX, he didn't hear any difference over the stock cable.

and so far I'm very much enjoying LT1469IN8 as DAC LPF and then OPA-Earth as final buffer...they make up for a nice combo, 1469 is less colored than 2132P...and it's been engineered to be used on DAC outputs. Supposedly LT1028ACN8 would be better, I'll try them later on.

Nov 14, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #255 of 374
Quote:

I dont want to lose my front speakers (actually plugged in RCA Front Output), i dont want to connect/disconnect constantly

OK, if you want to split the signals from the RCA's then you need TWO of that first adapter you posted. You connect one adapters to each RCA channel (L&R).
This will give you two outputs for left channel and two outputs for right channel.
Connect one set of outs to your speakers and the second set of outs to you second cable/adapter then to your headphones.
Does this make sense?
There are many ways to get the right connections you need but since you posted these adapters we can work with those.

Let me know if it works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back