HT Omega "Claro Halo" Headphone Only soundcard
Nov 2, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #196 of 374
ahhhhhhhh, is there an "auto" sample rate in the drivers where you've set 192kHz? but anyway they are different on XP, if you disable S/PDIF you don't have to set a sample rate anymore apparently :

KS is muted because it runs in exclusive mode I think..it wasn't the case on the Asus cards though, and they use the same C-Media drivers
confused.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #198 of 374
chwinvsta7.jpg

Nope:

Salida Analoga: (Analog/Line Out in english panel ?)

- HP/2/4/6/7.1

- 44.1/48/96/192

SPDIF OUT (Salida SPDIF): (ON/OFF)

PCM/Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive/ SPDIF "En bucle de retorno" (loop?)

Sorry, i dont know how translate everything :p

What i dont understand if the "SALIDA ANALOGA" KHZ item is for SPDIF or for all sound

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #200 of 374
Are there instructions on how to get ASIO and KS with this sound card and foobar2000? I have no idea what KHz or bit rate to select.

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #202 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there instructions on how to get ASIO and KS with this sound card and foobar2000? I have no idea what KHz or bit rate to select.

Usually depends on what your media is. If your just using MP3,CD audio etc..then 16/44.1 is probably fine.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #203 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually depends on what your media is. If your just using MP3,CD audio etc..then 16/44.1 is probably fine.

Ok, but how? Do I have to use Resampler DSP with foobar and ASIO/KS or just set it in the Claro's drivers?

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #204 of 374
Just wondering: has anyone performed a test for Claro's ability to send a bitperfect stream via coax/optical (with either Claro/+/Halo) [using WASAPI]? Unfortunately I do not have the hardware myself to do this.

I've owned the Claro+ for about 6 months and what I like about it is that it can send audio through the analog and digital at the same time (I believe so, anyway; in Windows 7's Control Panel/Sound, both "Speakers" and "S/PDIF Pass-through Device" have blue bars next to them).

The main reason I am curious about Claro's bitperfect ability is that I am seriously thinking of an external DAC upgrade, and I want to stick with the SPDIF route as opposed to the USB route. My preference comes from the fact that with USB, I'd have to go to the Control Panel to change my sound device every time I switch between headphone mood and speaker mood (I can create a shortcut to the Control Panel's Sound controls, but still...).

All of my FLAC is 16/44.1. As many of you have mentioned, you can pick 44.1 in Claro's GUI. Then in Windows 7's control panel, you can pick 16 bits in the Advanced tab for S/PDIF Pass-through. Then, using Foobar's WASAPI output set to 16 bits, is the Claro close enough to bitperfect?

Thanks for reading my circuitous writing!
smile_phones.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #205 of 374
WASAPI exclusive is supposed to be bit-matched and fully bit-perfect(bypassing the fixed samplerate you have to set in the windows audio config)...a friend of mine w/ a Realtek(over ATi HDMI) tried it, each time his receiver was picking up the right sample rate...well until Realtek broke it in the last drivers, but it works fine w/ older drivers.

Whether C-Media did it right remains to be proven, though.

Nov 3, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #206 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WASAPI exclusive is supposed to be bit-matched and fully bit-perfect

Like ASIO I think

Only if you dont use a Resampler right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bypassing the fixed samplerate you have to set in the windows audio config

And the Claro Halo KHZ Analog Output Setting?

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #207 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuciferX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like ASIO I think

Only if you dont use a Resampler right?

well, it's a mixed bag...this is fully windows drivers dependent.

ASIO/KS are not automatically bit-matched on the Asus Xonar cards...the Asus drivers engineers thought it was really smart to put a fixed sample rate for analog output
rolleyes.gif

Apparently, HT Omega didn't do the same mistake...on XP at least. Can't tell for Vista/7.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #208 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuciferX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the Claro Halo KHZ Analog Output Setting?

Hey LucerferX,

On my Claro, the khz setting is only for the digital output (it's under the "Analog" section, but the dropdown menu specifies digital).

Unfortunately I can't verify this with any equipment, but I have changed the "Audio Digital" from 44.1 to 192khz, and there is no difference. I think it's purely for the SPDIF Out.

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #209 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by foaming at the ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey LucerferX,

On my Claro, the khz setting is only for the digital output (it's under the "Analog" section, but the dropdown menu specifies digital).

Unfortunately I can't verify this with any equipment, but I have changed the "Audio Digital" from 44.1 to 192khz, and there is no difference. I think it's purely for the SPDIF Out.

Why they put "Digital Output" in Analog Section?
normal_smile .gif

I have a theory: If i use Foobar with ASIO, but without resampler, then the audio output must be equal to audio format KHZ (For example, a PCM WAV 48000 HZ or a MP3 with 44100HZ) because do not exist anything that "change" the sound quality and specification ....

But, if the claro halo do internal re-sampling this can be wrong.

In this theory the Win7 setting and Claro Halo Panel (so is for digital output?) is bypassed, and that again can be wrong ....

Any ideas how to prove it?

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #210 of 374
Just got my Claro Halo and using them with the HD595 set to high impedance. Not that impressed so far and I'm moving up from onboard sound, which was a little too colored for my taste but had good volume and definition.

I don't feel like I've gotten $200 worth of an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back