HT Omega "Claro Halo" Headphone Only soundcard
Mar 6, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #121 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And since when are we not supposed to discuss about blind tests in this forum?

Read the Sticky's

How have you managed to stay out of Trouble this long!!

biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #122 of 374
May 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #123 of 374
Very nice card
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder how it compares to the Essence STX (using analog outputs).

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #124 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X-fi is superior to both of them for gaming. None of these two have hardware accleration, nor the creative Xram.

There is no difference in sound quality between this card and the Asus.

One is PCI, the other is PCIE.

However, the Asus seems to be designed for 32ohm headphones and up, the Halo has a jumper that can make the card work better for headphones under 32ohms.

When you say "superior for gaming", what exactly do you mean by that? I use onboard sound for gaming, would the Claro Halo be much superior to that? I am also deciding between the HD212 and the HD595's.

Jul 20, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #126 of 374
I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to this stuff so I really don't know what IMD is or if it pertains to gaming. Any suggestions about either this card or another? I mainly game and listen to HQ MP3's.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #128 of 374
Currently a proud Claro Halo owner. I have to order from the website through e-mailing as they do not have an authorized dealer in my country (Singapore). I have swapped the stock op-amps with OPA2107 op-amps (U8 and U10) as I found the stock op-amps are too "metallic" for my taste. Previously I was using x-fi sound card with modded LM4562 op-amps which sound colorful, so switching to Claro with generic op-amps are a big no-no to me.
redface.gif

My audio setup includes:

speakers: Aego M 2.1 speakers using Canare 4s8 cables
Headphones: Sennheiser HD555 (movies and gaming)
IEM: Sennheiser IE7 (music listening)

Planning to upgrade my HD555 to HD650 to bring this awesome card to its fullest poential.
wink_face.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #129 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by erwinrommel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently a proud Claro Halo owner. I have to order from the website through e-mailing as they do not have an authorized dealer in my country (Singapore). I have swapped the stock op-amps with OPA2107 op-amps (U8 and U10) as I found the stock op-amps are too "metallic" for my taste. Previously I was using x-fi sound card with modded LM4562 op-amps which sound colorful, so switching to Claro with generic op-amps are a big no-no to me.
redface.gif

My audio setup includes:

speakers: Aego M 2.1 speakers using Canare 4s8 cables
Headphones: Sennheiser HD555 (movies and gaming)
IEM: Sennheiser IE7 (music listening)

Planning to upgrade my HD555 to HD650 to bring this awesome card to its fullest poential.
wink_face.gif

Have this card with HD595, sounds great! Definitely a noob myself when it comes to this stuff, I think I have to burn in my cans since they don't have much bass currently.

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #130 of 374
It's really sad they put those generic opamps in there and just hoped people would take their recommendation and replace them with better opamps to get the sound they want. Fact is most people (me too
tongue.gif
) are too bloody lazy to do any kind of modification even if it is as simple as popping out four opamps and popping four in. 4x lm4562's are vastly superior to the JRC4580 which holds the sound card from its potential.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #133 of 374
Im coming from this post: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/akg...ml#post5906149

Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much power do a headphone need? My 850W PSU have at least 250W on the line I connected the soundcard too. I think it´s sufficient
wink.gif

Do the Halo use the same opamps as well
smily_headphones1.gif
. But well I think it´s mostly the DAC part that does the magic. And the amp section isn´t ruin anything that´s for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

The DAC part of the Halo XT are not the best for K701? The power thats the card use from the PCI is not enough?
I really like "XT" part of the Halo card with the 5/7.1 jacks, and the Essence STX is only 2.0 i think (the Essence ST with the daugther card is not launched yet i think)

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #134 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuciferX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im coming from this post: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/akg...ml#post5906149

The DAC part of the Halo XT are not the best for K701? The power thats the card use from the PCI is not enough?
I really like "XT" part of the Halo card with the 5/7.1 jacks, and the Essence STX is only 2.0 i think (the Essence ST with the daugther card is not launched yet i think)

Somebody? Im really desesperate :p

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #135 of 374
Should I replace the opamps? I don't really know much about the card, but like to get as much as I can out of it. They run relatively cheap too. What are the benefits/dis-benefits of the lm4562 amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back