HT | OMEGA Claro Halo 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card w/ a built-in HI-FI Headphone Amplifier
Sep 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

beachgeek

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone used this card?

HT | OMEGA Claro Halo 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card w/ a built-in HI-FI Headphone Amplifier

[size=1em]
none.gif
5/5[/size]

I just put together a new PC and was looking at sound cards.  Was looking at this one, it is very expensive, but already has a headphone amp.

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Looks decent, but it's still just a sound card
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" />

I have to agree. A sound card is no better than the drivers. If you don't need game functions and special effects then get an inexpensive (<$100) card with good driver support and SPDIF output. Then for audio playback use an external DAC.

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I have to agree. A sound card is no better than the drivers. If you don't need game functions and special effects then get an inexpensive (<$100) card with good driver support and SPDIF output. Then for audio playback use an external DAC.

[size=8pt]Ya, a under $100 sound card with great driver support would be a good choice unless you need game functions and special effects. Although SPDIF output function is great, for a normal PC user without AVR, it still too much.  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back