HRT DSP / iDSP
Jun 12, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #62 of 79
On my iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3 the device stopped working after a week, I get the "not supported" error message.

I have also contacted supported at HRT and have been ignored.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #63 of 79
My idsp has stopped working. I upgraded to iOS 8.3 and about 2 weeks later all I get is "unsupported accessory" message. Also my LED doesn't light at all. Anyone know what the deal is? HRT not responding by email. What is the phone number you guys called to get HRT?

techblogpool since you are actually getting a response can you help me and the above poster ?

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #64 of 79
Any word on lock-out on this with iOS, I just recommended it to my cousin....

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #65 of 79
Hello,

is there any way to buy this device in Europe/Germany? I only found it on Amazon.com big thanks.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #66 of 79
Can I use my iDSP as a line-out to a desktop DAC?

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #68 of 79
Mine has ceased functioning. Well, practically. The usb connector has become very loose and every USB cable I have tried gets disconnected at the slightest touch. I have emailed HRT and await response. 

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #69 of 79
  Mine has ceased functioning. Well, practically. The usb connector has become very loose and every USB cable I have tried gets disconnected at the slightest touch. I have emailed HRT and await response. 

A follow up: turns out it was a broken cable. I ordered a replacement, which arrived duly and all is well, but still have not heard from HRT. This is not cool, what will happen if the DAC really breaks or malfunctions? Does anyone ever hear from HRT when you have a guarantee issue?

Now to the cable: I bought this one 

http://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?qu=1&itemid=301669713346&transid=1153624847020&viewpaymentstatus=

It works alright, but looks weird when I connect the dSp to my cellphone. So I ordered another one from aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-2-0-Micro-5P-5Pin-Male-to-Micro-5-Pin-Male-Plug-Short-Cable-Adapter/1912248400.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.60.jdXZZe

It is a bit longer and cheaper too, I wish I had looked there earlier. Will report as soon as I have it.  

Sep 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #70 of 79
I do not understand all the problems that you guys have been experiencing with the i-dSP. I've been extremely happy with mine for over three months now ... No problems at all ! Streaming music from my iPad Air 2 through the the i-dSP has been an absolute pleasure. First, with a pair of Harman Kardon CL headphones...... really terrific sounding music. Then, two weeks ago, an upgrade to the new Sony MDR-1A's ..... Wow ! The sound of music is sublime.

Please understand that I'm used to exceptional sounding gear. My main system is a pair of Revel F-12 speakers driven by an upgraded Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amp (with Genelex Gold Lion KT-77 tubes) with a Rega P3-24/Nagaoka MP-150 analog front end and a Rotel RCD-1072 digital deck. My main spot for serious "destination listening" is my music room ... But I gotta tell you, I'm enjoying streaming tunes with my iPad/ I-dSP/MDR-1A's far more than I ever imagined ! First with iOS 8, and just upgraded to iOS 9 ... All is well ! The i-dSP with the necessary Apple CCK is probably the best $ 99 I ever spent during my forty years of being a music loving audiophile.

I highly recommend the I-dSP. And I also have high praise for HRT ... My e-mails have always been answered within a day or two, with sound advice (pun intended) from the boys at HRT. So do yourselves a big favor and just get this thing ! You will be happy you did. Happy Listening to all !

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #71 of 79
Has anyone had issues with the i-DSP and the new iPhone 6S? I am getting some popping on playback. I also have a HRTmicroStreamer and I noticed the same popping with the 6S. I never had an issue with my iPhone 5S. I also own a Herus and it works fine with the 6S.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #72 of 79
This is gonna be a long one. After surviving the adventures of post 69 I decided to buy another USB-Cable, a straight one, not angled. That might have been a mistake, for the DSP started malfunctioning again. It could be that the cheap cable I bought at aliexpress had a far too large connector that somehow damaged the DSP.

Anyway, I contacted HRT and had a lengthy exchange of emails with Kevin Halverson (very quick and effective communication this time, no complaints at all), which resulted in me returning the DAC to HRT for repair or replacement. All this happened sometime in Oktober if memory serves. On 04.11 I received a shipping notification concerning a parcel sent to me by HRT. It landed in Germany on 11.11 and was released by German Customs on 28.12. 47 days later. In the meantime I contacted HRT and had (again) lengthy communication with Danielle Buska who did her best to find the whereabouts of the parcel, with no success (I am sure she did her best, but the German Authorities have more in common with immovable objects than some man made institution). Until that day in December when the notification came I had written it of and was quite sure that someone was listening to to good music at the cost of HRT. 

When it finally arrived the parcel contained a brand new HRT DSP as replacement. Many thanks to HRT, especially Kevin and Danielle for an excellent service.

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #73 of 79
I've been enjoying HRT idsp for 6 months now. I finally found USB extension cable that fits into idsp. Now it works great with my Macbook air and ATH CKR10 :). Wonderful tiny DAC 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back