HR-2 & XP-7 Op Amp Rolling Kit
Jun 25, 2004 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
I have the following Op Amps for the Ray Samuels HR-2 and XP-7 amps that I can put together in a kit for owners to roll into their amps.

AD797
AD8610
AD8065
OPA627BP
AD825
OPA604
LT1028
LT1115

Is anyone interested? I would make a list of recipients and one person could mail it to the next. I will also make up an instruction sheet. Only a few conditions:

1. You will send the kit priority mail to the next person on the list when you are done.
2. Write up and post your impressions. No long reviews needed just tell us what you heard.
3. Be careful and use the tweezers I will include in the kit. The legs are easy to bend and break.
4. Enjoy your music.

Jun 25, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 83
I would love to be in there, but I'm not sure I will be available, so put me on the list but not at the head of the class. Besides they're cheap enough I might just buy them myself. One thing you could do that I would really appreciate though. Can you tell me whether the right LT1028 for the HR-2 is the LT1028ACN or the LT1028CN?

Jun 25, 2004 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I would love to be in there, but I'm not sure I will be available, so put me on the list but not at the head of the class. Besides they're cheap enough I might just buy them myself. One thing you could do that I would really appreciate though. Can you tell me whether the right LT1028 for the HR-2 is the LT1028ACN or the LT1028CN?

The CN is the one you want.

Jun 25, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 83
I am interested.

Jun 25, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 83
Put me down on the list. Send me a PM later for my home address and instructions. I'm preparing to write a Ray Samuels Emmeline HR-2 & Emmeline II The Stealth review so I could benefit from op-amp rolling. I have the RadioShack 6-40 Pin DIP IC Inserter & Extractor Set (Part No. 276-1581) and I know how to handle op-amps with extraordinary care. Besides, I am curious about the OPA627BP and why it costs $50 USD! Thanks.

Jun 26, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #7 of 83
Sounds good to me.
cool.gif

Jun 29, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #9 of 83
I probably will be sending the kit out next week as I am taking a short vacation. I will be contacting those that replied for their addresses.

If anyone else is interested let me know.

Jun 30, 2004 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 83
Verry kind of you john for this service to members you might add The LT1122 and the AD-744 to this also. in adition the ACN8 versions of the LT devices are the better grade and the CN8 are the standard grade similer to the OPA-627 AP and OPA-627BP and the AD-8610AR and AD8610BR, Well you get the point.

Jul 1, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 83
I want to burn in a couple of the op amps before I send the kit out. I will also be putting together some simple instructions and a pair of tweezers in the kit.

For any of you that have not rolled the op amps in your amps it is one of the easiest of things to do. If it takes 5 minutes I would be amazed.

I will be sending PM's to those that have expressed interest to get your home address.

If there is anyone else that wants to get in on this let me know before Tuesday July 6.

Jul 4, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #12 of 83
Still time for you XP-7 or HR-2 owners to try out a variety of op amps. Package will be mailed Tuesday. A bonus is that the whole kit is rather small and will be cheap to mail around.

Jul 6, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 83
The OP Amp kit is on its way to Welly Wu. Thanks to Ph34rful for swapping spots with Welly. I included a pair of special tweezers, instructions and the mailing addresses. Please verify the name and address via PM with the next on the list before you mail it on. This could take a while as there are 8 pairs of devices to try.

Jul 6, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #14 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
The OP Amp kit is on its way to Welly Wu. Thanks to Ph34rful for swapping spots with Welly. I included a pair of special tweezers, instructions and the mailing addresses. Please verify the name and address via PM with the next on the list before you mail it on. This could take a while as there are 8 pairs of devices to try.

John_JCB:

Thank you very much. Thank you very much to Ph34rful too because the timing is just perfect. I can do an all out review of between the Ray Samuels Emmeline HR-2 with 8+ op-amps and the Emmeline II The Stealth with the Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 / 12AX7 tubes and Amperex Bugel Boy 12Ax7, Telefunken 12Ax7, and Black Plate 12AU7 medium gain tubes.

PS: what did I just type? It makes no sense to me.

I'm still setting up now. Which means I am alive. That is good news. No power is turned on and all of the power cords are fully detached now...lemme check on that one right now.
eek.gif

Ah yes...all power cords are unattached and the power switch on my BP.Jr II Ultra is turned OFF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back