HP-2 TRANSFORMATION
May 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #32 of 56
Very nice work!!!

Thanks for the show and tell
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They were a little more than that...The refurb bill was not cheap, but I feel Alex earned every cent...

bah i typed it in £ thinking it was $.... $600 or £300 is what i ment... Think i saw them for that. Alex is a legend and those looks stunning.

O and my emu0404 cable made by him sounds awesome too
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #34 of 56
Those are absolutely gorgeous headphones, the kind you might expect to see in some kind of avant garde design store.

May 1, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #35 of 56
wow those look stunning. Alex is a real artist

May 1, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time I heard screws were $50 a pair

If I owned a pair of HP-2s like the OP, it would be a no brainer for me to drop another $50 to get a pair.

I mean at this point I am sure the entire affair ran well over $1000, so what's another $50 to finish the project off properly?

May 1, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #40 of 56
Do I get them from Joe or from Grado? Thanks for all the compliments guys, i'm so excited to get them...

May 2, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #41 of 56
i dont think this was such a good idea. perhaps i am alone.

i had a long and drawn out list of stuff here, but in the end it comes down to 2 parts:
1: joe grado still services his headphones. unless his stock piles have gone dry you could have had a NEW grado cable, and new HP1000 drivers.
2: the stuff that was removed from teh cups was PUT there deliberately. not the dust of course, but the brown tar looking stuff. for the same reason people dont have OLD violins with anything but the worst varnish re-varnished, i would not have touched it. the masters made their instruments a certain way, and they sound the way they made them.

May 2, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
i dont think this was such a good idea. perhaps i am alone.

You're not alone on this nikongod, IMO nobody could repair these phones to original specs as well as Joseph Grado himself, even if there's a longer wait and a slightly higher price tag, in the long run, you get what these phones deserves, the best. However, I do respect Alex's work alot.

May 2, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you tell the 2 channels apart, since the labelling is gone now?

Good job on the refurb... let us know how you like the sound, once you get a chance.

listen to stairway to heaven of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back