HP-2 TRANSFORMATION
May 1, 2007 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I got the HP-2 sent to Alex for a full restoration...The results are incredible..

e00d_12.JPG

e101_12.JPG

To...

01.JPG

04.JPG

13.JPG

www.apuresound.com

May 1, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 56
Here is what was done...

These HP2's had a messed up headband which was repaired and the leather was cleaned and reconditioned. The housings were full of actual dirt and started to rust on the inside so they were cleaned, sanded out, and re-polished. The falling off lettering was removed. The right driver was missing the cover covers (filters) so it was filled with all sorts of dirt and hairs. The left side one was on there, but was removed and also was filled with all sorts of dirt and hairs, but not a as bad as on the right side. New driver covers (filters) were made and installed onto the drivers. The cable was stiff as a metal rod from what seems to be heat related so the headphones were recabled with an APureSound Cotton/Carbon cable.

MORE PICS:

http://apuresound.com/images/cables/hhp2.html

May 1, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 56
Damn..

May 1, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 56
I think I need to change my pants.

May 1, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 56
part of me knows i died inside... i can never get something that beautiful

May 1, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #7 of 56
So immaculate... it almost looks fake! :p

May 1, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #8 of 56
Thats some transformation.
From mistreated and ugly looking, to a beautiful recabled headphone.

Congratulations!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #9 of 56
wow, simply wow !!!

If you don't mind saying, how much was the refurb, and were these cans the tatty pair bought off ebay for $300 ?

biggrin.gif

May 1, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 56
Why doesn't Grado make such beauties anymore? The plastic in the SR series are cheap looking and the wood is too old for me and the gold on the 325i is just gawdy.

Anyway, nice cans, I want to touch it.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #11 of 56
Damn, they are beautiful...

How is the sound? I remember you were worried about the drivers or something, if they 100% HP2 or not, isn't?

How much was the bill, if I can ask of course, because they look very, very good.
wink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, they are beautiful...

How is the sound? I remember you were worried about the drivers or something, if they 100% HP2 or not, isn't?

How much was the bill, if I can ask of course, because they look very, very good.
wink.gif

They are in fact 100% real HP2 drivers.

-Alex-

May 1, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #13 of 56
Hey Alex,

Can you make my GS1 shine like this to, please...
blink.gif

Great job man
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are in fact 100% real HP2 drivers.

-Alex-

May 1, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, simply wow !!!

If you don't mind saying, how much was the refurb, and were these cans the tatty pair bought off ebay for $300 ?

biggrin.gif

They were a little more than that...The refurb bill was not cheap, but I feel Alex earned every cent...

May 1, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #15 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why doesn't Grado make such beauties anymore? The plastic in the SR series are cheap looking and the wood is too old for me and the gold on the 325i is just gawdy.

well... alessandro MS2i's come close, not? Unfortunately they do not have the aluminum 'suspension' parts
frown.gif

IMG_0563.jpg

But if I ever chip anything off my aluminum monsters... I'll know who I'll be begging for a makeover (hmm wondering, would the aluminum suspension set of the HP series fit the MS2i cups?). Great work Alex! And good for you to have gone through with the deal juzmister, good gamble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back