How's this Combination?
Jun 21, 2010 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

abhijollyguy

100+ Head-Fier
I am gonna buy SanDisk Sansa Fuze and NuForce NE-6. So all Head-fi'ers plz contribute ur precious suggestions.

SanDisk Sansa Fuze has 16 ohms and NuForce NE-6 also has 16 Ohms so how will the combination for great sound?

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 11
Can someone give his views on this combination?

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 11
If you are looking to get loud volume output on your headphones, it would be important because likely have maximum power deliver to the phones since impedance is matched, also the headphone sensitivity will contribute to how loud your headphones would sound.  Notice sensitivity is dB/Power?  So how much loudness you get per amount of power delivered to the phones.  Other than that I cannot comment on the sound quality(stability from distortion etc.) of the headphones as I do not have experience with NuForce headphones.

By the way, how did you find out that Fuze is 16ohm out?

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
If you are looking to get loud volume output on your headphones, it would be important because likely have maximum power deliver to the phones since impedance is matched, also the headphone sensitivity will contribute to how loud your headphones would sound.  Other than that I cannot comment on the sound quality of the headphones as I do not have experience with NuForce headphones.

By the way, how did you find out that Fuze is 16ohm out?

Thanku for ur co-operation. I need loud sound yet distort-free sound on my earphones. Can SanDisk Sansa Fuze drive NuForce NE-6 excellently?

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

SanDisk Sansa Fuze has 16 ohms and NuForce NE-6 also has 16 Ohms so how will the combination for great sound?

What do you means by 'Fuze has 16 ohm'?

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
What do you means by 'Fuze has 16 ohm'?

I have read somewhere that Fuze also has 16 ohm. Anyways tell me Will this combination be excellent for excellent sound quality ?

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #7 of 11
I think he means that the integrated amp output power is ___mW @ 16 ohms load

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
I have read somewhere that Fuze also has 16 ohm. Anyways tell me Will this combination be excellent for excellent sound quality

Don't know where you read it, but it is wrong (or you have read it wrongly). Fuze can output 60mW @ 16 ohm, meaning it can also output around 30mW @ 32 ohm, or 15mW @ 64 ohm. Since most IEM in the market has relatively high sensitivity, you can pair a wide range of them from 16 ohm to around 64 ohm without any significant audible difference in SQ. The problem comes only when the impedance is too high or too low.

Jun 22, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #9 of 11
ya I meant this only :) so Tell me Will Fuze be best sounding match for NuForce NE-6 or is there anyother better player in the same price which beats Fuze in terms of sound Quality?

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #10 of 11
I do believe Fuze is one of the best sounding DAP for its price, but whether it is the best match of NE-6 really depends on what kind of listening preference you have. If you have indeed done your research and believe NE-6 is what you want, then I can say that Fuze is able to drive it more than adequately.

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
I do believe Fuze is one of the best sounding DAP for its price, but whether it is the best match of NE-6 really depends on what kind of listening preference you have. If you have indeed done your research and believe NE-6 is what you want, then I can say that Fuze is able to drive it more than adequately.

Ya, I found NE-6 is the only earphone to match my sound taste preferences that is why I have chosen it and thanks for ur help. Gonna buy SanDisk Sansa Fuze and NuForce NE-6 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back