How'd you save money for headphone?
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

SpecterJin

100+ Head-Fier
I tried to cut back on my food to $5 a day

I would buy a Subway footlong, eat half during lunch and half during dinner

Pizza Hut pizzamia, $5 bux pizza would last me around 2 days

Buy some bread and ham, then ham sandwich for the next 3 days

All that effort is worth it once I get the cans :)

How did you do it?

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 15
Wow, you should really eat less junk food :S

Anyways I just beg may parents...LOL JK I'm still in school and only get money on my  birthday and christmas...

I have about 150 euros saved up and I can't buy the MDR V6s because my parents won't let me AAAAARGH 

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 15

Quote:
there is still alot expenses tho.
Rent, utilities, insurance, etc.

I happen to live in an appartment gave it to my the the company i work for. same goes for the food ..... guess Im lucky.

anyway, is not like i have no expenses, but i think that if it wasnt because of that i wouldnt be abble to buy audio gear. and even so, i try not to break my savings in it.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
well, I work and I live alone and I'm single.

man, this is enough to save money! 

usually, i sell my old hp's to friends.. and upgrade. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #9 of 15
I have a fixed budget for headphones and amps. 
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #11 of 15
I had a well-paying job and didn't spend much on other stuff.

Also, I've sort of gotten out of the game. I haven't made a big audio purchase since July 2009. I've bought some DIY parts, but no more than a few hundred.

I don't know when I'll make another major purchase. I have pretty much everything I always wanted. (Some of that is still in boxes, needing to be built, though.) I won't drop out of the hobby, though. I plan to build more amps and try to produce some interesting casework. And I still want a bigger music collection.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #12 of 15
^^^That's the key for me. There's usually some new piece of hardware that catches my eye. A tube amp to go along with a solid state one. A different pair of headphones that might have a little different sound than the one I have. But for every piece of stuff I buy, that's less money I have to spend on new music. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of new music that's got me that excited recently.

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #14 of 15
I usually just tell my wife that I'm going to buy "X".  She usually doesn't resist when it comes to headphones since they appear to be smaller purchase items.  If it were speakers or subwoofers, she'd have a few objections for me though.  However, I'm covered in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back