Howard Stern show anybody?
Jan 9, 2006 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Sean H

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody catch his new show on Sirius? I didn't myself. Just wondering what people thought. Who was his big mystery guest? Any other guests?

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 13
I heard the first 45min. Didnt hear anything extremely "eye-opening". None the less, I was happy to hear him back on the air.

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 13
He cracked me up while I was in Florida. I wish I could find an internet feed for his show in the UK because his humour is brilliant.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10
He cracked me up while I was in Florida. I wish I could find an internet feed for his show in the UK because his humour is brilliant.
biggrin.gif

You can purchase a plan without activating a radio and listen from their website.

Jan 9, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr
You can purchase a plan without activating a radio and listen from their website.

Not so right now at the moment, but their are petitions going around to get it streamed. I caught pretty much the whole show and George Takei (Mr. Sulu) as his announcer was some of the best stuff on the first show. Of course being a Truck Driver I have a lot of time on my hands to listen.

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief
Not so right now at the moment, but their are petitions going around to get it streamed. I caught pretty much the whole show and George Takei (Mr. Sulu) as his announcer was some of the best stuff on the first show. Of course being a Truck Driver I have a lot of time on my hands to listen.

Yeah, I emailed them about an online only account. They said you can't without activating a receiver too. But the biggest disappointment was they said it was part of their contract not to stream any of the non-music channels. This would mean no access to the show at work.

I ended up getting XM portable as a Christmas gift. They also offer online only accounts and have some of their non-music channels online but they don't have Howard. I'm still deciding if I like the Opie and Anthony show (sort of a Howard-like show). I do think they have a better music lineup than Sirius.

Jan 10, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Anybody catch his new show on Sirius? I didn't myself. Just wondering what people thought. Who was his big mystery guest? Any other guests?

Well, first of all, I've been a Stern listener from back in the WNBC days - yes about 15 - 20 years worth and have enjoyed just about every minute...I bought my Sirius radio primarily for Stern, but I am really enjoying the other channels. Having Mr. Sulu on was very cool - I thoroughly enjoyed the drive time, but I couldn't get on to the internet to listen for some reason. Artie Lang was priceless; this medium is going to be really good with Artie going a bit nuts and Howard keeping his sanity until he can't any longer.

However, the highlight was the Theme from 2001: A Space Odessy done in farts! Brilliant! Brilliant!

Jan 10, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 13
Stern comes up in the news from time to time. Is it generally considered acceptable to listen to him? Would you admit to it publically, outside of cyberspace that is?

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR
Stern comes up in the news from time to time. Is it generally considered acceptable to listen to him? Would you admit to it publically, outside of cyberspace that is?

I dont think people have a problem admiting they are fans of his show. I'm proud to say that I'm a fan.

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #11 of 13
I caught about 15 minutes on the way to the airport this morning. It was just good to have him back. He has been out of our market (Miami) for a while. I also go back to the NBC days. I had already moved to Florida but I had a coupld of friends that would send me cassette tapes every couple of weeks. I am either going to pick up a Tivoli Sirius radio or a home dock for my car.

May 25, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #12 of 13
Heh, I think I am going to pick up a Sirius radio (probably the starmate) and starmate home kit and set it up, I've been listening to Howard's new show from other sources, and it is just hilarious.

May 25, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #13 of 13
I recall back in February on my Huntington Beach trip (Man, I so wanna go down there again
k1000smile.gif
!) that while on the highway, a semi was traveling alongside my brother and I. My radio was set to 88.1 to hear my Karma through my Tunecast II, but all of a sudden Stern starts coming through clearly over the radio! It was awesome for three minutes, but sadly that was it. I believe the semi had it's FM modulator tuned to my frequency, hence the pleasurable interference. I hope to hear Howard Stern again someday, and I can, but I don't know if an extra $10-12/month is worth the money adding to a Dish Network satellite bill to get Sirius in my home at the moment.

600smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back