How you guys get your HD650's
Apr 11, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #31 of 39
sigh...I missed Cheechoz's deal and I regretted it...why not one day later...when I can finish my final first?...
frown.gif

[back to topic] The sites you mentioned are all european based?
any canadian experience here? how long does it take to get pass the customs?...becoz 'm leaving Canada @May and to Japan...(where the Sennheiser would be hellish priced while the sony cans would sell real cheap)

Apr 11, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTilbury
I bought a pair of HD650s from the first ebay link (sell4mykidz) this past week and he has shipped the phones out with a tracking number. I thought he was very decent to work with, and guranteed that the headphones were brand new and unopened.

i ordered from there and the cans came used but in very good condition so i said forget it i'll keep it. to his credit he was willing to exchange but i didnt want to eat the shipping again.anyway i decided that is the last time i buy from ebay. rather pay a few extra bucks from ttvj and have piece of mind.

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
i ordered from there and the cans came used but in very good condition so i said forget it i'll keep it. to his credit he was willing to exchange but i didnt want to eat the shipping again.anyway i decided that is the last time i buy from ebay. rather pay a few extra bucks from ttvj and have piece of mind.

Hey I was wondering how did you know that they were used? I got my HD-650s from the same person and they seemed new to me with everything. I personally found dealing with that seller to be a pretty good experience as I didn't have to pay customs to ship to the cans to Canada. Also shipping was very fast, less then a week to Canada.

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #34 of 39
Hi Ozzz,
I got mine from headphone for 349$ incl. shipping. I do not know, what they charge for SH to Canada.
My reason for buying it there was the price ( I found it pretty cheap 2 months ago) and they have a nice webpage with lots of information. I think, I can support a dealer, who is also taking pride in his job. Instead of making the biggest bang.
Have fun!

Apr 11, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

1911, how were you able to tell that the headphones were used?

Apr 11, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by thislittlepiggy
hey, i just bought a b-stock hd650 from one of the guys posted above! he's pretty fast: i ordered on sunday night, and he shipped it just this morning. total came out to be $276. i just hope b-stock doesn't equal major battle damage.

If you can PM me about the 650's condition when you get them. That is a great price.

Apr 11, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #37 of 39
I've bought tons of stuff on eBay, some cheap, some not so cheap. I've only been burned twice on <$10.00 items, so I didn't sweat it. For higher priced items, I don't remember ever being burned.

I did buy the Sennheisers from this listing:

Quote:

You mind purchasing from Ebay? There are new pairs selling for less than $300, and they will ship to Canada. Check these out: http://cgi.ebay.com/SENNHEISER-HD-65...QQcmdZViewItem

I got them yesterday, and they appeared new to me. The pads looked pristine, they sounded fine, and the box was in good shape.

I'll look them over again tonight, because 1911's experience does give me pause, but I've already registered them with Sennheiser, so I'm keeping them.

One thing to note, nothing is guaranteed when purchasing on the internet. I recently ordered a set of 4 pairs of Neutrik XLR HD plugs (male and female) from Zack Electronics, and received 8 male Pomona plugs...
mad.gif
They decided to replace my Neutrik order with Pomona because they didn't have any Neutrik in stock/ ...really What. And, they didn't think I'm going to return them?

I also remember buying a phone answering machine a long while ago from PC Richards only to open the package and find a used (with someone else's scribblings and numbers all over) machine. Promptly returned the item and have since refused to shop at PC Richards again. Of course, many others have had satisfactory experiences there, so....

I guess, what I'm trying to say is you take your chances everywhere.

And the headphone collection starts:

First, a Koss Porta-Pro,
then AKG 501 ($80 eBay),
then HD 280 (J&R)
now HD 650

eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back