How you guys get your HD650's
Apr 9, 2006 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Ozzz

New Head-Fier
'm a classic maniac *recent cursh on Rachmaninoff* and 'm considering to get a getter sound after my e4c.

've heard that the 650 cans are good, but 'm stuck at the price there.

in canada bay and bloor radio it's CND$649
basshead.gif

thus wanna ask how you guys get yours. How much and where?
if rules of the board doesn't allow discussion of this type could anybody spare me a mercy by dropping a PM for me?
icon10.gif

thx guys. you're all involved in the murder of my wallet

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 39
Apr 9, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 39
emm...actually ebay's okay for me
but they dun mention their shipping costs...'ll ask them though.

(any Canadian bro ask them abt da customs details as well?
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

thx dude btw

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzz
'm a classic maniac *recent cursh on Rachmaninoff* and 'm considering to get a getter sound after my e4c.

basshead.gif

if rules of the board doesn't allow discussion of this type could anybody spare me a mercy by dropping a PM for me?
icon10.gif

If you like classical music and the 650 is too expensive, you should consider the HD580 or HD600 - these are very worthy headphones. In most rigs, the differences are minor. Some even prefer the 600 over the 650 for classical.

You may also want to look at the AKG K601 or K701.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
If you like classical music and the 650 is too expensive, you should consider the HD580 or HD600 - these are very worthy headphones. In most rigs, the differences are minor. Some even prefer the 600 over the 650 for classical.

You may also want to look at the AKG K601 or K701.

emm...reasons for me preferring Senn to AKG's that all peoply are saying their sound is warmer and the bass' better.

I've had enough of the e4c when I listen to Mahler...the sound simply disappears in the brass and double bass part.
mad.gif

how the HD580 and 600 compare? I'm searched post and people say that they share the same unit...just differing in teh build quality?

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

how the HD580 and 600 compare? I'm searched post and people say that they share the same unit...just differing in teh build quality?

Same drivers, but better build on the 600. Better damping too, apparently. The screens on the 600 are sturdier, since they're metal and not plastic like the 580.

They're quite warm and bassy, but not as dark as the 650. I found the 600 completely satisfying with large scale classical music. I am sure the 650 is also excellent, but I don't know if the rest of your rig will be revealing enough to justify the price. What source/amp are you using?

EDIT: Look for deals in the For Sale forum here.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

basshead.gif

icon10.gif

Try a meet maybe, or a real life deal, I jsut bought hd-600's with a 650 upgrade cable for $200 (no tax or shipping fees) at the latest meet 2 days ago, they were in amazing condition too.
The other competitiors / alternatives would be the AKG k701 I believe, and the beyer dynamic 880's.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 39
*starting to be lured*
580smile.gif

HD600...

i remembered somebody saying that there have been two patches of HD600, that the latest patch is better than the first-released HD650. Is that true?

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Try a meet maybe, or a real life deal, I jsut bought hd-600's with a 650 upgrade cable for $200 (no tax or shipping fees) at the latest meet 2 days ago, they were in amazing condition too.
The other competitiors / alternatives would be the AKG k701 I believe, and the beyer dynamic 880's.

OMG where's the meet? why i missed it!! *big sigh*

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

*starting to be lured*
580smile.gif

HD600...

i remembered somebody saying that there have been two patches of HD600, that the latest patch is better than the first-released HD650. Is that true?

I've never heard this, but I doubt it.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

OMG where's the meet? why i missed it!! *big sigh*

It was at U OF T, check the meet section, there's two big threads about it. Was great fun too
smily_headphones1.gif
. I was a total noob, but I did walk out with phones
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
You mind purchasing from Ebay? There are new pairs selling for less than $300, and they will ship to Canada. Check these out: http://cgi.ebay.com/SENNHEISER-HD-65...QQcmdZViewItem

I recommend this seller more though, I purchased a pair from him a while back and the transaction was flawless: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Sennheiser-H...QQcmdZViewItem

But if it ever comes a time to rma them to senn. Will they honor it, knowing you bought from someone on ebay? I don't think so.

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #13 of 39
My pair from inetdistributors came with a receipt, and no-where on it did it say they were purchased through Ebay. Warranty should work
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #14 of 39
so can I say the lowest on CONUS and HK for a first hand HD650 is USD279? I dunno what should be the fair price of a HD600...

what about 2nd hand 650 and 600?
how much should been seen as fair for a very good condition one *ignore shipping here*? I'm choosing...

thx

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
You mind purchasing from Ebay? There are new pairs selling for less than $300, and they will ship to Canada. Check these out: http://cgi.ebay.com/SENNHEISER-HD-65...QQcmdZViewItem

I recommend this seller more though, I purchased a pair from him a while back and the transaction was flawless: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Sennheiser-H...QQcmdZViewItem

I would seriously advise against purchasing from the first guy. I contacted him about some HD595's he had for $150. He is local to me, so I asked if we could meet up and save on shipping. He agreed, but I have not heard a word from him since. That was 6 days ago. Cavet Emtor (sp?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back