How would this benefit?
Oct 31, 2010 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone! I recently purchased this set up from a fellow head-fier to go with my Earsonic SM3 which should arrive this week.

Sansa Fuze > Steve Kelby Interconnect > RSA Predator > SM3

What I am wondering is whether I would benefit from an LOD rather than the interconnect? I am still a little unsure as to the difference of this Steve Kelby interconnect vs what an LOD would do in this set-up. Thanks for any enlightenment as I really am confuzzled! I also have an iPod 5g. Would I benefit most from using the Fuze or the iPod? Thanks guys!

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 6
I was wondering about getting an amp for my Fuze, so I started out by connecting the headphone out of my Fuze to the input of my stationary Aune dac/head amp. The difference between attaching my Yuin PK1's directly to the Fuze and doing Fuze (headphone out) -> Aune -> PK1 was close to nothing. I then ordered a cheap Fuze LOD on ebay and that really made a difference. Fuze (LOD) -> Aune -> PK1 had way more punch and guts than just the naked Fuze -> PK1 or Fuze (headphone out) -> Aune -> PK1.

I then ordered a Headsix amp and while I waited for it to arrive, I took the cheap LOD apart to "reveal it's secrets". Unfortunately the LOD was glued heavily and didn't survive the disassembly, so I'm now in the process of crafting a new one. This means that so far I've only heard the Fuze / Headsix combo via a jack-jack cable and again, the difference isn't really noticeable (to me at least), however I'm expecting a LOD to raise the bar quite a bit like it did when using the Aune as amp.

In my opinion a LOD beats a jack-jack cable any day on a Fuze. If in doubt, order a cheap LOD on ebay, I think mine cost less than $15 and give it a listen.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 6
an LOD it actually bypass the internal amplifier and allow the signal to do thru the amp directly, which mean the sound will be much pure as compare. You will hear the true sound of your amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back