How will this sound?
Oct 20, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #16 of 21
You can't use an external DAC with ur clip. The headphones that come with it, has no need if you're getting the Sr-80. The amp section of the IM is..nothing special. Your headphones will sound better with the T4 out of ur clip. But why won't u take advice, try your headphones with the clip and then decide if u wanna dish out for a portable amp. The difference is nothing huge. U'd get a lot more improvement upgrading into higher end grados instead of getting an amp. I'd suggest just getting an IEM for something as small as the clip already. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a tiny DAP when your headphones are big, non practical and open.
Check out the RE0

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #17 of 21
The reason im getting some grados is because i love the sound of on ear headphones way better than IEM's (at least from the ones ive heard.)

So now im thinking about buying the clip and grados first and seeing if i even need an amp.

What do you guys think about the AMP3?

would Grado's and an AMP3 be a better duo?

If I really want to go ultra portable i have some decent Koss Iem's. But if i got the AMP3 there is no way i could ever go "ultra-portable"

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #18 of 21
There's not much difference in what IEMs and full size cans can deliver. Atleast not before u go really, really high end. Uve heard the wrong IEMs. Do what you want though. I would never wear a grado outside my house

Oct 21, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 21
I wore my Grado 225 proudly walking back and forth to work for years! Total headphone geek, me.

If your new to this stuff you may want to skip the AMP3 and stick with the more user friendly Clip+.

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wore my Grado 225 proudly walking back and forth to work for years! Total headphone geek, me.

If your new to this stuff you may want to skip the AMP3 and stick with the more user friendly Clip+.

Cool that was my main question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back