How weak is your neck?
Oct 24, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #17 of 25
There's also something to be said about the length of time you wear the phones without a break.

My neck can get a little tired after say 4+ hours with the leatherheads... at 380 grams these are fairly heavy, but OTOH they are comfortable and well balanced on my head.

Oct 24, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
Yeah, it's you. Noob is kind of a relative term, don't you agree?
rolleyes.gif

huh? sorry, I meant noob as in newbie (recently registered/active member), not in the offensive way. (I don't really use internet people lingo) You gotta admit though, some of the recent topics in general were a bit odd.

Oct 24, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 25
Think of me as a noob if you want, you've only been registered 10 months longer than I have
tongue.gif
Just cause I don't post often doesn’t mean I dont come here 5-6 times a week and read all the posts/reviews and then spent way too much money on audio equipment like the rest of you
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by false
Just cause I don't post often doesn’t mean I dont come here 5-6 times a week and read all the posts/reviews

i'm here 10-12 hours a day. if you don't want to be a noob, then increase your obsession level, solider!

Oct 24, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Think of me as a noob if you want, you've only been registered 10 months longer than I have
tongue.gif
Just cause I don't post often doesn’t mean I dont come here 5-6 times a week and read all the posts/reviews and then spent way too much money on audio equipment like the rest of you
biggrin.gif

Yay for lurkers!

Oct 24, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Until you hit 6,000,000,000 posts like jahn and ed, you're still a noob. By that logic, so am I.
icon10.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #23 of 25
I was going to buy a set of Grado 325I's. I went and listened to a set in my favorite listening position-partially reclined. I found the weight of the cans pulled themselves down off my ears! The RS-2's are enough lighter that this did not happen. I finally ended up with hd650's. Sometimes it's the weight AND the comfort level. Good design can make heavier cans feel ok.

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #24 of 25
I think Borat had it right...it's not so much the overall weight as it is overall comfort. That, plus the fact that on the ms2i's most of the weight is hangin' supra-aural right on the side of your ear canal in the form of a bulky aluminum cup...with sandpaper-like grado earpads abrading remorselessly on your soft, vulerable ear skin.
Ok, ok...they're not unusable or anything...it just feels less than optimal in the comfy department.

Now those IEM guys...those guys are the weak necks! j/k...
tongue.gif

Peace,

Graz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back